Monday, August 24, 2009

Dentist!

You know that place you go every six months to get your teeth cleaned? Well we went today and now my teeth are clean and sore. Apparently, my mouth doesn't like those sharp metal things messing with it. Go figure. Well our appointment was at 9:30am. We get there and I was first to go. Red and Peanut wanted to be with me so they brought two little chairs into the room and they both just sat there and watched for the first 35 minutes. The last 5 minutes Peanut had to go potty so off the chair I go with the bib thing still strapped to me and I took her potty. Once we got back in the room to finish she wanted to sit on me so I laid down and she sat on me while I got finished up it worked pretty well. Then the dentist took Red and did his teeth while the hygienist did Monkey's teeth. Red checked out all well and no cavities! Monkey has two very slightly loose teeth though I couldn't feel them move at all! They put some fluoride on his teeth because his 6 year old molars are coming in, yeah I know he is 7 but my kids are late teethers all around! Last was GG and by this time the kids were starting to get restless so I took them outside so I could make a phone call. And this is when everything went down hill. I was on the phone and the boys weren't listening to me when I told them to come back to the back yard so Peanut followed and stepped in animal poop. I finally got them all to the back where they were suppose to be and she finds another pile of poop and puts her finger in it. SO GROSS. I take her in wash her hands talk to the dentist about GG's teeth and off we go. Then I realize that by carrying Peanut she has gotten poop on my pants and it was on her dress from her hands. Home we got to change and start some laundry. The two youngest are napping right now and when they get up we have to run to the bank and then to my doctor's appointment. I just hope it goes better than the last 20 minutes of the dentist appointment!

5 comments:

The View of You said...

Those metal things hurt when people don't floss. Did he comment on that?

Julie M. said...

I hate the dentist!

Cheffie-Mom said...

Ewwwwww! I hope the day got better!

sarahgrace said...

OH... the life of a mom! Just one of those days that hopefully you can laugh at later. Sigh. I hope your day got better after that too!

Not Just Any Jen said...

Ha! Sorry about the poop, but isn't that just our luck.!