Friday, April 13, 2007

100 things about ME!

I don't have anything else to post about so I thought I would take my turn and do this list!

1. I was born on an Air Force Base
2. My birthday is on Halloween!
3. I am the second oldest in my family
4. I have a lot of siblings 2 full, 7 half, and 2 adopted but mostly brothers the adopted ones are sisters.
5. I wanted a sister so bad growing up I used to dress my brothers in dresses then took pictures, they would totally kill me if they knew I wrote that!
6. I have one niece and…
7. two nephews so far
8. I was 4 years old when my parents got divorced and my dad got custody of the 3 of us
9. I was devastated by their divorce
10. I accepted Christ as my Savior when I was 6 years old but didn’t live it until I was in H.S.
11. I love God with all my heart and want to share Him with everyone, because he loves you
12. I was a flower girl in my mom’s 2nd wedding at age 6
13. I still have the dress and my daughter uses it as a dress up
14. I fought to live with my mom when I was in 7th grade and from 8th grade on I lived with her…one of the best things that ever happened to me
15. I never went to the same school more then 3 years until High School where I refused to move
16. I don’t think I could even count how many places I have lived but it has been 3 different states
17. My first kiss was in 6th grade and his name was Mike
18. I thought the kiss was completely gross!
19. My High School mascot was a Pretzel
20. I was a Pom Pom girl for 3 years
21. I dated a guy for 2 ½ years of my H.S. career thinking he was the ONE but…
22. I met my husband the summer between my Junior and Senior year of H.S.
23. I had broken up with that boyfriend before I met J, just don’t want any confusion
24. I met J at Moody Bible Institute on a youth group conference with over 1400 students in attendance.
25. I knew I was going to marry him the moment I saw him I didn’t even know his name or age!
26. I have lots of letters from the first year of our relationship because it was long distance
27. He came to my Senior Prom and we had a blast
28. We spent the summer before I went to college together, we were totally inseparable
29. That summer he told me he loved me for the first time…we had been dating for a year.
30. I totally believed he loved me unlike other boyfriends I had in the past he waited a year to tell me that!
31. I am a year older than him
32. I went to his Junior Prom and Senior Prom but they call it Banquet
33. He proposed the night of his Senior Banquet Downtown after we took a horse drawn carriage ride
34. I got married the December of my Junior year of college
35. Our honeymoon was in Cancun…the only time I have ever left the states
36. I was pregnant 4 months after we got married
37. I was HUGELY pregnant on our first anniversary!
38. We had a baby GIRL…I was so excited
39. I was in labor with her for 4 ½ hours and used no drugs
40. The deal was if we had a girl I got to name her and if we had a boy J got to name him so I won the naming of her.
41. I still can’t believe she is now 6 years old
42. My daughter was 4 1/2 months old at my college graduation
43. I’m glad I graduated college but haven’t used my degree at all
44. My degree was Recreation Parks and Tourism it was very fun
45. I got pregnant again when my daughter was 9 months old
46. We had a son and I got to name him too…
47. J cheated at the ultrasound and knew we were having a boy so that is why I got to name him…score for me.
48. I was in labor with him a total of 1 and a half hours…he came scary fast.
49. No drugs for him either
50. I’m so thankful that I have him today he came out with the cord wrapped around his neck, we didn’t know about the cord until after he came out
51. The only thing we knew was his heart rate kept dropping with each contraction I had which they didn’t tell me until after which I am glad…didn’t need any more stress
52. We lived in my parents basement for about 10 months after J got his first job
53. We bought our first house in 2004 that was a frustrating process of looking for our house
54. I got pregnant shortly after we moved in
55. I had lost a baby 4 months before this pregnancy so I was really wanting to have another baby
56. I worked during this pregnancy at the school my two older kids went too
57. The baby broke my water 5 weeks early
58. That was the scariest labor and delivery of my life…my body didn’t want to cooperate because he was too early
59. His birth was the first time I used an epidural…but I wasn’t really in labor they had me on Pitocin, the worst stuff EVER
60. He was my smallest baby but would have been my biggest had he stayed in a few more weeks
61. I am pregnant with our 5th child but will be the 4th living
62. I am extremely nervous about the labor and delivery
63. I keep going back and forth on the epidural thing should I get one or not
64. Remember 2 of the 3 were drug free, but I just remember how much it hurts
65. I get worried about if I go in the middle of the night what we will do with the 3 kids…I tend to have very quick labor and delivery
66. The hospital is only 3 minutes away…we planned it that way!
67. I will be 28 when this baby is born but about a month later will turn 29
68. I’m not real worried about turning 30 even though it is getting close
69. I have a few gray hairs but I think that is genetic
70. My favorite food is authentic Mexican
71. I prefer vanilla over chocolate
72. My favorite place is home
73. I love to read, especially the Bible but I usually have 2 or more books going at a time
74. I love to scrapbook
75. My favorite sounds are the laughter of my children and hearing them talk for the first time
76. I am married to a police officer
77. I don’t speed just because of his job, even though I have been told I wouldn’t get a ticket
78. I have been married a little over 7 years
79. I have been with my husband for almost 11 years, wow that sounds long!
80. I have been pregnant or breastfeeding most of our marriage
81. I am a stay at home mom
82. I love my job as "the mom"
83. I love my kids with all my heart
84. I still think about the baby I lost 2 years ago
85. I hate throwing up
86. I have a hard time cleaning up puke too
87. I can’t wait to find out the sex of this baby
88. I can’t wait to hold this baby
89. I have only had midwives deliver my babies
90. I would love to have a homebirth
91. I would love for J to catch the baby instead of the midwife
92. I was pregnant at the same time as my mom with her last and my first
93. I have a brother 7 months younger than my daughter
94. I love to blog, it is a release for me
95. I like to keep busy with activities for the kids and myself
96. I lost both of my paternal grandparents within 12 days of each other that was hard
97. I still have my maternal grandma and step-grandpa, they got married around the time I was born and had their honeymoon while visiting my mom and dad to see me.
98. I never met my maternal grandpa because he had already passed away
99. I have always felt loved by my family
100.I want my family to always feel loved by me

So that is 100 things about me I hoped I didn't bore you!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right...we DO have a lot in common, but I won't list them all here. Cool to learn a little bit more about you. : )

I'm super nervous about this delivery too, and trying hard not to be. Sigh.

Tonya said...

You will have to email me and tell me more about the things we have in common! You've peeked my curiosity :)

corrie said...

i knew a lot about you before, but now know tons more! i was thinking about your wedding the other day.. that was the last time i was in park hills church! and i was thinking of the bathroom we got ready in, and how that was the same one i used when i was in preK and Kindergarten. ah, memories.

Queen of the Mayhem said...

Wow! You are an interesting person! I am so sorry to hear about the baby you lost! 4 kids...WOW!

I'm with you on the pitocin.....EVIL! I am all about the epidural! I had it with both of my children! Good luck!

PS: You definitely did NOT bore me! I like learning more about you!

I am going to have to look up this girl's blog. A girl I read found her. She recently gave birth to a still born baby girl and by reading her posts, you can sense her complete despondency! Add to that she does not believe in God, and you have a recipe for disaster!

Maybe hearing from someone who has experienced loss and still maintained a strong faith would help! I will let you know if I find it.

KELLI BELLY said...

I'm glad to learn more about you too!

Happi said...

It was fun reading so much about you! I enjoyed it! I also loved the Easter videos of the kids singing at church. What fun! : ) Happy Monday and I hope you're feeling well. Can't wait to hear what you're having this time around.
blessings...Happi

Anonymous said...

That's a neat idea, Tonya! Maybe I can figure out 100 things about me and post it on mine. Talk to ya later

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

OMG... pitocin was awful!
It was instant pain and suffering...but I had my first baby only and hour and fifteen minutes after the shot!

my husband is a police officer!!


Aww.... and I'm sorry you lost a baby... that's so sad.

hestermom said...

You don't know me, but I found your blog through a friend, of a friend, etc...Amazing how God has taken care of you and blessed you. Good to meet you!

MomOf4 said...

This was fun to read! I am glad to run across your blog. I will be back! :)