Monday, August 03, 2009

Vacation Bible School

This year we were blessed to be able to go to two VBS's back to back! This week it is at our church and I am working in the kitchen like I have done the last 3 years. Two sisters run the VBS together. The only major difference this year is that the one of the ladies is in China getting her adopted daughter this week. Before she left she asked me to go shopping for the week for all the snacks and breakfast foods. They serve a cheap breakfast for workers and their families so that they get there on time! Yesterday I took the 4 kids to Costco's near our house. I have never been in this particular Costco so I wasn't fimilar with it. I was walking up and down the isles looking for good snack foods to give the kids, but also not too expensive I was shopping for about 160 people. One of the ideas I had for a snack they didn't sell there so I had to rethink a new snack. The kids were loving it because they had samples throughout the store. By the time we were done getting all we could get from that store we had 3 carts full of food and it was 2 1/2 hours later. I must say that my kids did great in the store and were such huge helps pushing the extra two carts I had! The only bad part was when Peanut bit Red. That was something new from her. But she felt so bad after wards that she kept saying sorry and giving him hugs and kisses. I have a new appreciatation for these two ladies and all the work that goes into planning this week long event...I only had snack stuff there are crafts and lessons among other things. I was so excited to see that we had 122 and about 40 workers if not more I didn't get a count on them. And as far as I know the snacks were a hit today...at least I didn't hear any complaints.

4 comments:

The View of You said...

You've been rockin the treats. Good job. Its always a high in each person's days. I also know you don't get much recognition for it and aren't necessarily looking for it.

Tonya said...

Thanks honey!

therills#2 said...

Thank you for taking 100% control of that aspect of VBS this week. It is wayyy different working without Tam, and your willingness to step in and take one of our tasks is huge. I am really not stressed about it at all.

p.s. I keep forgetting to tell you just take the money for the cookies and bread from the breakfast basklet until you are all paid back.

Cheffie-Mom said...

Sounds like you did a great job! enJOY your day!