Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sleepover

The two oldest each had a friend spend the night on Friday night. I figured this would be the perfect weekend to do it since it was a 3 day weekend! The only thing I regret is not taking any pictures of the kids. Oh well. They all seemed to have a good time and the two little ones didn't feel completely excluded from the other ones. After school on Friday I took all 6 kids to the library and let them pick out some movies to watch. I thought they could watch a movie before they went to bed to help get them in the relaxed bedtime mood. I feel like it worked as they were all asleep by 11:30pm. The only downside is that the 3 boys all were up by 7am! Was NOT expecting that. I thought maybe Red and Peanut would wake up early since they went to bed about an hour and a half before the other kids. Not so. But I am very thankful that when Red got down off the top bunk in the girls room he didn't wake up Peanut. She actually slept until 8:20 this morning. The kids did a lot of running (I had to retype that word because I typed funning, haha) around and playing games and what not. I just think it is so funny my kids personalities. GG and her friend sat in the living room reading books for about an hour. Too funny. I can tell that I am worn out from the excitement too. Tonight GG and I got the movie Letters to Juliet and I was struggling to keep my eyes open. I am actually amazed that I am still awake. The movie was over about an hour ago. All in all I think we will let the kids have friends over again. Though not sure I want to do two at once?! Maybe one kid comes and one kid goes to some one else's house...

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Yay, for sleepovers! Wasn't Letters to Juliet a cute movie?!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

The best part about sleepovers is when they go to the other kid's house for a turn. Heh.

Adina said...

you're such a great, mom for letting them do this!