Thursday, February 24, 2011

Home Sweet Home...

a few days ago GlamorGirl was getting her clothes out of her dresser and the top drawer fell out. I didn't have time to investigate until I came home after dropping them off at school. The middle wood piece that holds the drawer on cracked and broke off. Now anytime she opens her top drawer she has to be super careful not to let it fall to the ground. It has fallen more times than I would like on the hardwood floor. We have set out to find a good quality yet affordable new dresser. I did a little research online and then today I stopped at a few stores I got as suggestions from friends. Let's just say...furniture isn't made very well nowadays. I did find one store that had quality dressers but they were a bit high in price. This evening we headed over to the mall for some Disney apparel, our junior highers are having a Disney night tomorrow. Since we were out we hopped on over to IKEA. Looked at the one dresser we liked online and the construction of it wasn't not very good. But since we were there and the kids were playing we walked around and ended up buying a new entertainment center. I am so excited to get rid of the table. We also got a pot for the plant in the living room. We are classing it up in here ;) I will put up some before and after pictures but the after isn't ready yet!
BEFORE!

AFTER!

3 comments:

Adina said...

i love sprucing up my home too.
i love you new header.

Kat said...

I really loathe dresser shopping. They are just so cheaply made these days. I always check garage sales hoping someone is getting rid of an old sturdy one, but people really hang on to a good dresser when they have them.
Good luck!

Kristin said...

It's so fun to get things consolidated and fitting into it's proper place! Looks GREAT! I'm sure you'll find a dresser eventually. Good luck!:) Oh and I too LOVE your new header pic! Now that's a shell!!!:)