Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Peanut's 4 month checkup

Yesterday was actually the day that she was 4 months old but we took her to the doctor's today. She weighed in at 15lbs 5oz and is 26 inches long. At 2 months she was 12lbs 1oz, (I thought she was 12lbs 10oz, oops) and I was 22 inches long. She is doing great health wise. She got two shots today so she isn't very happy tonight. I hate shots and I go back and forth on the good and bad about them. Right now we are doing a delayed vaccine schedule, we've had some bad reactions to them in the past when they are on schedule. I need to get on the ball and get more pictures of this little girl before she isn't a baby anymore.

The cool thing about the doctor's today was that a guy J graduated high school with walked in as we were there waiting. His mom is Monkey's teacher and J had asked her for his contact info just yesterday and then we see him today. It was crazy. I guess he is a drug rep so the chances of seeing him again there are very slim but it was neat to run into him and the guys got to talk and he met 3 of the our kids. Then right before we got called back a lady from school walked out, she was actually my small group leader a few years ago. She actually goes to this doctor so we might be running into her more often, which is great because I really like her.

Just an update on me: Today was the first day I went outside the house in a long time. I went to playgroup this morning and then Peanut's doctor's appointment and it is 6:45pm and I am absolutely beat. I just hope baby girl sleeps ok tonight but judging from the way she is acting right now I don't think that is going to happen. I might be back on the couch tonight so I can get some sleep. I just need to build up my energy level.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Popeye goes for his 4 month checkup this Thursday...at the ER with his clothes on he was 15.11 so we'll see how much naked, since they make us strip him down. I'm glad you got of the house and are feeling a bit better!

Anonymous said...

Wow, she is tall!
I get to take Selah in for her 6 month next week, and I will be surprised if she is 26 inches yet!
Hope you were able to sleep tonight...