Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Not wordless but I have a picture....

I went to the doctor's today and guess what! He wanted to have my toe x-rayed...off to the hospital we went. And sure enough it is broken. A very fine brake. Have to call tomorrow to see what if anything he wants me to do...here is what it looks like today...see pretty purple :)
I got the pleasure of talking to the nicest lady. She started talking to me because she saw my kids in the waiting room and thought they were so cute and behaved. I brought them with but I had help from Amy so they stayed in the waiting room. She asked about the baby, everyone does! In talking to her she told me that she is 88 years old, her husband is terminally ill, she has three boys, a girl who died at age 9 from falling off her bike, and that her first child was a stillborn baby boy. I had a voice inside of my screaming to talk to her about God, which I did but not if she knew where she would be when this life was over, I just couldn't get it out. I feel like I failed this opportunity and I am sitting her very sad. I am hoping she saw Christ in me.

5 comments:

Kat said...

Sometimes in situations like that it comes across as pushy instead of inspirational. I'm sure just you listening was what she needed. I know she saw God in you and in your children. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh your poor little broken toe!

I hate when that happens, when you really feel like you should talk to somebody about God, or reach out in some way or another and you just can't... I just pray that God uses whatever you (and I) put out there to His glory, and I know He does! : )

Happi said...

Well, said, Kathryn. That's exactly what I was going to tell you. : ) Pastor James once said that people are like apples. If you talk to them before they're ripe, you'll bruise them. So don't beat yourself up about it. Perhaps, it wasn't the time.

As for your toe, I'm so sorry you broke it!! That can't be fun when you've got four kids to care for! I am praying for speedy healing. Also wondering how you're feeling otherwise...any better?

Let's plan a get together soon. I'm on break now, so my schedule is opening up.

HUGS,
Happi

Valerie said...

Ouch! I hope that toe is healing quickly because, you know, it is sandal season :-)

You did a fabulous job of planting and watering with the nozzle on gentle, so to speak. She seems to need lots of quiet compassion in her life at this point.

Marni's Organized Mess said...

Owzer's on your toe!!