Friday, December 26, 2008

What we've been up too!

Well I will say that I did get to clean and purge the rooms and the boys got a new bunk bed and so now we have 4 beds for the kids!!! Exciting, I know ;) Christmas Eve we went to my mom's to celebrate and then we went to the church I went to youth group in and were J and I got married for the Christmas Eve service. Then we came home and the kids to go open one present before they went to bed. Guess what they were??? New Pajamas!!! It was really cute because after they opened them we told them to go get in bed. Monkey said, "But mom you need to wash them first." I looked at him and said, "I already did!" He got the biggest smile on his face he got Spider man pj's. Then Red was cracking me up because he got Incredible Hulk and he kept calling him Incredible Honk.

Christmas morning the kids stayed in their rooms and read books. Ha! Now they are going to listen to me and read books until we get up...silly kids. J got up before me and got the kids out of bed. I came out a few minutes later and suggested that we let the three open their stockings and Peanut could do hers when she woke up. I was told no. We let her sleep another 20 minutes and the kids were going bonkers. I finally went in and woke her up about an hour and a half earlier than she would of gotten up. Oh well. She did a great job opening her presents without assistance. I was very happy about that. The kids all loved their gifts, just like I knew they would! Then I opened all my gifts and I loved them all too. After I finished with the last gift I was sad. The only thing I had asked for was a heated blanket for our bed because my feet are always cold at night and I can't fall asleep with them cold. I didn't open any heated blankets. Then J jumps up and grabs another present that was hidden. When I opened it it was a HEATED BLANKET. I was so excited. J laughed while opening the presents from me. I mostly gave him money for his new guitar. I thought of different ways to disguise the money! I thought I did pretty good but by the four present he was on to me.

Today GG and I did a major shopping trip. We needed many things from the store I believe we only had 2 rolls of toilet paper left. And of course groceries. We were gone for 2 hours, I couldn't believe it. After the kids naps we got them all bundled up and took them outside for some snow play. Peanut was too stinkin cute in her snow suit. She could barely walk but she could do it. We had a snowball fight, made snowmen, built snow forts and went sledding down a daddy made hill. Great fun. Then we decided to take the kids to Gino's East for pizza. We have been talking about taking them there for at least 2 years now it just felt like the right time to go! Now it is bedtime for the kidlets. They have been up way too late the past few nights and I can tell by their attitutes/behavior/demeanor that they are tired. J and I are going to play the Mario Kart for the Wii...

7 comments:

Kristin said...

Great update! So, who won in Mario Kart?!!

hestermom said...

Sounds like fun... we are also having to do some major sleep recovery for the kids. Easy, quiet days with rest time in the middle for everyone!!

Ann(ie) said...

I need mario Kart for the wii!!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

:) Sounds like my house... Glad you're having a good Christmas.

Cynthia said...

Oh man...I could so go for some Ginos! Sounds like a great Holiday!

Anonymous said...

I needed a heated blanket, too :)

mikeanddebbie said...

So glad you all had a wonderful Christmas!!