Friday, February 26, 2010

Funeral

Today was such a celebration of Sgt. H's life. It was so neat to hear all the stories from family and friends. I have never been to a police officers' funeral and all I can say, really is, "WOW" There were at least 400 squad cars in the processional to the cemetery plus that of family and friends. I would venture to say that there were about 2,000 plus people in attendance. Our small church that holds about 300 hundred did a very good job making room for all those who came to honor Al. Here is a link to the news I found online I think there should be a link somewhere online of the almost 3 hour service. I just have to say it was really weird to see Mayor Daley sitting in our church as it was also quite different to see my husband in dress uniform playing his guitar during the services. I know he felt so honored to be apart of today. My heart just breaks for the wife and daughters. Though his youngest daughter is on her way to the High School retreat for the weekend where she will be surrounded by her friends to life her up in prayer and comfort. I just thank God every day J comes home from work.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

So sad. Glad so many people attended. We must be thankful for each new day, for we don't know what it may bring.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

I am so sorry for that family... Such a huge loss. Thinking of them and of everyone who goes through a loss like this...