Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Peace of God

As you know, we have our house on the market. We have gone through a price negotiation with first time home buyers that just ended because they refused to come up any higher. We have had so many showings about 40 in the last 4 months. Through this whole process I have felt at peace. Which is so strange because normally this is a high stress situation (paying two sets of bills) and having a longer commute and other things. I know this peace comes from God and God alone. I was reading my friend Melissa's blog the other day! Hi Mel :) She had such a great post about living a Christ like life well there were two posts. It really spoke to my heart especially the part where she talks about how do I want to be remembered? As a good wife and mom? As a nice person? Those are great things to be remembered for but what does that really say about me as a person? They are pretty long posts so grab a snack but they are really worth the time to read. The power of God's peace and love and any other of His attributes is so powerful and I want to share that with the world.

Recently my sister-in-law and her two sons came for a visit. It was such a great visit. Though in talking with her I quickly got saddened by the realization that they will probably never be moving here. They have a strong conviction not to take on any more debt. Which is completely honorable. I totally get why but that also means that they don't see moving to a place where the cost of living is doubled even if the pay is higher as well. As much as it hurt to hear that they will probably never move here I knew that God was in control of everything and if he wants them here they will be here. So I committed myself to praying that the Lord's will be done in their lives even if it means they stay there. Selfishly I want them here. My kids have 6 cousins and not one of them live close. All their grandparents are close but they don't have play mates. See totally selfish!

2 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Good for you for finding that peace. It's tough.

And, sorry about your family not moving. That does stink.

KC said...

The peace of God is an amazing thing.. I do not know how I would make it though most days if God didn't grant that peace.. There is just so so many thing that can stress us out, Thank You Lord for your peace that passes all understanding..
Sorry about your sister, I understand.. I'm in Ohio with all the grandparents... but my sister lives in TX.. So the cousin only get to see each other a week or two though out the year.