Sunday, April 18, 2010

Putting Off

I've been avoiding this blog and putting off writing because I feel like if I write about what is going then it really is happening. Well it is. If you want to know the scoop keep reading if not then I recommend leaving.

We had our home inspection on Tuesday of last week and the guy who did the inspection to J that out of all the houses he has ever inspected this is probably the best one he has ever seen. There are still things that need to be fixed like the oven doesn't work. I like to cook people we NEED a working oven! But all and all the house has "good bones". We were able to schedule the mold/air test the next day. He told us the results would come back by Friday. This is when things took a turn for the worse. On Thursday he called and told me he had the results back. However he feels that they are inaccurate and he wants to come retest. Apparently, before he came to that house he tested another house and cleaned his stuff but he feels since the other house had the HIGHEST level of Stachy he has ever tested that he might not have gotten the machine clean enough. He thinks our air sample was cross contaminated from the other house. He is going to be bringing a new pump and tube to retest our place. That happens tonight on a Sunday. We should hopefully know by Tuesday what those results are so that we can either move forward with the purchase of this house or start looking for a new place to buy. At this point I am not holding my breath that we will be buying this house. I have started looking online again. I know that God is in control of this whole situation and I have been praying like crazy that God would give us a clear sign. Right now I feel like the signs are a little mucky. Meaning out of all the houses we have looked at this is the only one both J and I felt at peace with putting an offer in. But then all this happens with the air testing, it starts to get cloudy. If you think about it and you feel like it, we could use some prayers for restful sleep and clear decisions.

On a totally different topic. Yesterday we took a day trip. Friend of ours from church lost her 91 year old grandma. We went to the funeral. On our way there we stopped at the boyhood home of President Ronald Reagan. It was really cool. Then afterward we headed to my mom house but before we went there we stopped at the house that her and my step dad designed and built. I showed the kids my hand print on the porch when I was about 11 years old. It was really weird to pull up to that house. They sold it about 7 years ago and to a guy I graduated High School with so that is a little weird too. We had dinner with my mom and her boyfriend and then headed home. The kids did so well and we actually had a lot of fun together as a family.

1 comment:

kelli said...

Sending prayers your way Tonya!