Thursday, May 06, 2010

3 weeks and counting...

Three weeks today we close on our new house. I am getting very excited about it but also very nervous and scared at the same time. I have been feeling pretty good since moving into this house but we don't have a lot of our belongings here. (I will say that if I go off of the diet I start to feel junky so maybe it doesn't have much to do with our belongings?) Once we close we are going to move the rest of the things we kept into the new house. We are going to wipe them down again and vacuum with a hepa vacuum and buy a few more air purifiers but I still get nervous. I really feel that I will be ok with this move it is just the unknown of it all.

Things I am looking forward too...starting the adventure of growing my own veggies and some fruit. The kids want to do strawberries and blueberries, we'll see. My main focus is on growing the staple vegetables we use a lot like onions, zucchini, tomatoes, and peppers. I hope to have a garden that has a huge variety of foods to eat from. The best part being that they will be organic! Along with the must haves I want to grow asparagus, cucumbers, romaine lettuce, and garlic. I also am looking forward to having a garage again but added bonus of it being attached. I have only been able to park in an attached garage for 10 months of my life and I LOVED it. So excited. The kids will be able to ride their bikes outside again. So many fun things to look forward too.

One more thing about the house. We just got the appraisal for the property and it appraised 16,000 more than we are buying it for. Our mortgage broker (who we go to church with) said she thinks that it is probably worth even more because they tend to go on the lower end of things. What a blessing.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Very exciting!!!:)

corrie said...

nice! asparagus takes forever to start producing! i think it's like three years from when you start. wish i could do asparagus!

Adina said...

yay!!! so much to look forward to look forward to.

Diva's Thoughts said...

I'm really excited for you!