Thursday, June 30, 2011

End of Baseball season

Tonight was Monkey's last game of the season. It was a very frustrating game for me. Monkey had gotten hit the last two games so this game he was terrified of the ball. The first at bat he step away from the base at each pitch and struck out. He was mad at himself. Then the second time he was up to bat he REFUSED to bat. The coach even offered him some ice cream if he just stood at the plate...he didn't even have to swing. Just stand there. And he wouldn't do it. Because of his refusal the team got their second out of the inning. I was not a happy mom. He had a chance of getting walked because the pitcher wasn't the greatest. I just don't know how to get him over his fear of the ball???? I talked to him about how he has been hit 3 times and has walked away from all of them unharmed. At this point I just want to take him outside and peg him with some balls! I won't of course but I want to. He had such a great season and tonight just wasn't his night. The funny thing he still wants to play next year. But I'm not shelling out that kind of money if he won't bat. UGH Also just want to state that it stinks that the team with the worst winning season is going to the world series...how does that happen? Double UGH.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey -- not sure if this is still an issue since this was way back in June, but tell Monkey not to close his eyes when the ball comes at him. Tell him to keep his eye on the ball and it can't hurt him. My dad told me this when I was a kid, and it's a great life lesson too!