Thursday, August 04, 2005

I woke up this morning with the realization that school starts in 6 weeks and I haven't worked with GG at all. I was planning on reviewing things she had learned last school year but with 3 kids my world has totally changed. I had gotten papers for her to work on over the summer from the school but I have only done a couple of them. So I sat her down and explained to her that she needed to sound out the word then color the picture of that word. To my amazement she did great with no help from me. I thought she would have some problems but not her she is so smart. I have decided that the rest of the summer she will be doing homework to prepare her for school coming up. I want her to be confident in her ability and I think this will definitely help with that. Cute story about my GG...the other night we had a really bad storm and there was thunder and lighting. I was on the phone and I hear her calling my name, I thought she was scared. I go in there and she says, "Mommy the most wonderful thing just happened." I asked her what happened. She said, "Look outside. That tree fell apart. There was light then the branch fell off." Sure enough I look outside and our tree branch fell off and on to a truck. It was pretty funny that she thought it was the most wonderful thing!!! Anyway this morning we took the kids to Jumps and Jiggles, that was a lot of fun. When we got home we ate lunch and the kids were in the living room re-enacting the VBS program from church. They used the microphone from the karaoke machine it was beyond hilarious. Then this afternoon we did an "art project" it was basically just letting the kids practice cutting and GG promised not to cut her hair this time. Last time she cut a chunk in the front about 2 inches long off, I was not happy but it isn't noticeable and I believe she has learned her lesson. We just got in from riding bikes outside, we wait til after dinner when it isn't so hot now it is off to bed!

No comments: