Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I last wrote about GG's having her Thanksgiving program that was the cutest thing I have ever seen. She had paint on her face because she was an Indian. While the kids were practicing I was talking to Mrs S about something that I was getting annoyed with GG doing at home. She has taken up rhythming words some that aren't really words which is the annoying part. This seemed to make her teacher very glad that she was rhythming and getting real words some of the time. Then I was telling her that the other day she wrote. I l y t g we p mom. GG told me she wrote "I like the games we play mom." Her teacher said that was great. That these are the first steps in really reading. I told her that GG will take books in her room and make stories up to the pictures but lately she has started to really try and read the words. Some she gets and some she doesn't. Then last night in the van she said, "I can spell the word tag. T... A... G!" I told her she was right then she kept going with words, she spelled brag, dog, van, grill and jam. I just think it is really cool the excitement and interest she has in reading and writing. So yesterday J had training for work so he left our house earlier than normal, he called and asked if I would be willing to bring the kids to the station and he would order pizza and we could eat together. I thought that was a great idea and the kids absolutely loved it. So we were there for about an hour. Today GG came with me to our playgroup and Monkey went shopping with J. Tomorrow J is taking Brae on their date for November, remember I told you we rented Ice Princess? Well J is taking her ice skating tomorrow. While they are gone the boys and I are going to get some Christmas presents for them!!! Well both of the boys just woke up so later.

No comments: