Saturday, November 26, 2005

It's been a few days so I thought I would update. Thanksgiving was great this year like always. It is my most tempting holiday because of all the good food. I usually gain at least 3 to 5 pounds! I am happy with the outcome this year. I only ate one plate full of food and it wasn't overflowing either. I had one piece of apple pie and half a piece of cake. I didn't feel uncomfortable or over stuffed. It reminded me of one of Pastor Rob's messages. Won't go into it though but if you go to church with me you probably know what I am talking about. Then yesterday we did our family tradition of putting up the Christmas tree and decorations. We have 5 stockings hanging on the fireplace and Monkey says, "Look at the socks!" It was funny. We have our nativity scene on the bay window, which we got when we were first married. It is Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus in a manger and that is it none of the fancy stuff that usually come with it that wasn't even there, like the wise men. Then J had to put on the angel tree topper that I made when I was pregnant with GG. YES I said I made it...it has lasted 5 Christmas' now and it is time to get rid of it because the halo isn't on it anymore. I really can't believe it lasted this long because it is out of construction paper. When we were first married we got back from our honeymoon on Christmas day so the next Christmas was the one I made the tree topper and most of the ornaments because we were in college still, pregnant and just down right poor. J is very sentimental so he doesn't want to get rid of it but I do we can afford a real one now. Hopefully J will get me one for Christmas?!?! I did ask for one. Ok this has turned into Christmas talk and very mushy, sorry. So our house is decorated for Christmas and this year we bought lights for outside the kids think that is very cool. Only 29 days til Christmas and we don't even have half the shopping done. I am getting a little nervous about that.

No comments: