Thursday, September 24, 2009

No Disney pictures just yet...

We did get the cd in the mail a few days ago but there was about 300 pictures on it and then the ones from our personal camera adding it to about 500 that we took during our trip. I am hopeful to be able to go through and find some of my favorites to share with you! But I mainly got on here to give an update on what is going on here. We got our second set of tests back and they still have 3 kinds of toxic mold but the guy who came to our house said that he couldn't find any evidence of mold growing in our home. He gave us some suggestions on what to do. As it sits right now we think that our house has been cross contaminated by a previous living situation that just got some mold testing done as well. The levels at that place where higher than ours. The only thing is that we have lived here for 5 years meaning we haven't lived there. We are still trying to sort some things out. Though we do have a game plan now on things we need to do to get our house livable and get us out of the garage. On a good note we did get an offer to stay at one of J's families houses that is completely empty. The only thing we need to worry about is the fact that it has been empty for 2 years. These are the houses that tend to have issues with mold. We are hoping to be able to go over there sometime next week and check it out, our environmental hygienist has given us things to look for at this house. If it checks out with appearances we are going to give it a try. If I feel ok we'll stay while we get things squared away at our house and if it does make me sick then we are back to our garage and looking for another place to stay during the cold time. The cool thing about this house is that it has 4 bedrooms and it will also give us a chance to see if 4 bedrooms will work for us and our family. If not it will either be 3 or 5 bedrooms we look at! I am excited to see how God works in all of this. I know that he is really working at my heart right now. I am really struggling through this all. I can feel the prayers of friends and family but I could so do without the comments of some people. This situation has also opened up talk about my homeschooling the kids and J isn't completely against it as he was about 3 months ago. All I know is that the kids being gone makes me miss them but sometimes when they get home I want them to leave. I think that they are just so tired from sleeping in a tent for the last almost 4 weeks. Just to put this out there too, at bedtime I go in the tent with the kids and become the sleep warden. I think I say, "stop talking" and "lay down" about 50 times before they give up and go to sleep usually 2 hours after we first got in the tent. I am trying not to get mad at them but when they don't go to sleep when we come out here they don't move in the morning. But if I homeschooled them then we wouldn't have to get up so early or even leave. I have faith that God will lead us in the direction we should go. With everything going on I can say that I have peace even when I am struggling I have peace.

5 comments:

sarahgrace said...

My heart goes out to you Tonya! I so wish there was something I could do to help besides pray, but rest assured, I WILL be doing that! Many hugs and much love to you and your family!

Amber said...

Tonya, I am so sorry you are going through this. How nice that there is an opportunity to stay somewhere else. Hope that house will work out for you guys, and you can get out of the garage. I will say a prayer for you right now!

Kristin said...

Sorry you're dealing with this difficult situation. In time things will pass and be better:)

hestermom said...

So sorry, I know how hard it is to just live when you are totally displaced... I hope and pray that this time is short. Have you been feeling better since you've been in the garage?? =)

Happi said...

Praying for you, Tonya. I will also pray with you about the decision to home school. It's a huge one, I know. I know that you will follow God's leading. : ) Let me know if you ever want to talk or have a play date at Mickey D's anytime soon!