Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Things I have learned...

Over the last few months when I started to suspect mold as being the reason I was getting so sick and being in so much pain I have learned a lot about that nasty fungus. I think I will do a bullet for some of the facts and tidbits I have learned about mold.
  • when your doctor is baffled at why you are sick and all tests come back negative then you have to think outside the medical field and into your environment.
  • toxic mold is a endocrine disruptor and can cause miscarriages and spontaneous death in unborn babies.
  • toxins from mold and any other toxins pulls our spines out of alignment hindering our brains to fully communicate to the rest of our body.
  • stachybotrys is one of the worst molds to have in your home. Dead mold spores are just as dangerous to your health as live spores of this mold. There are other toxic molds that are just as harmful but easier to remediate.
  • if your pets are having random illnesses or getting tumors you might have a mold issue in your home.
  • children are usually effected the most by mold exposure but adults can obviously have health issues from it as well, I'm living proof.
These are just a few of the things I have learned, there is so much more on this topic that has interested me on this journey. I now am learning how to detoxify my body from fungus. This is going to be a long and slow process but if I can stick with it I will benefit greatly from the journey of detoxing.

8 comments:

WML said...

So I have missed some posts - is mold really the culprit or are you just trying something in hopes that it solves your other problems? I am an information freak, so I can relate to learning a lot and how one bit of info leads to another...

WML said...

I just went back and read your earlier posts and found out that it really os mold - crazy! Amazing how God used that situation in the Fabry's life already, and I am sure he will do teh same for you.

Kristin said...

So, what were the results from your home mold inspection? I know your blood tests showed mold, but did the home inspector give you more definite numbers? Any plans on what to do about the house?...Questions, questions!!:)

mikeanddebbie said...

Very interesting!! I'm glad you have finally found out what it is that has been ailing you! Have you moved back in to your home? I hope you notice the effects of your detox very soon!!!

Tonya said...

The first mold tests were unreliable because of the lab and technique that was used. So we are getting a second test done today and we probably won't know anything until Monday. I'm learning patience in spades :)

Tee aka The Diva's Thoughts said...

Wow. You have learned alot about mold. Good luck with detoxifying.

Tracey - Just Another Mommy Blog said...

That is scary! What can you do if it IS serious mold?

Kat said...

That is so scary! I know mold is very dangerous. We had our new house checked before we bought it because there had been a few leaks in the ceiling. Glad we checked, just in case.

Hope the detox works beautifully for you!