Monday, April 04, 2011

Content

If you are wanting to see pictures of the dining room construction check out my husband's blog he put all the pictures up there :) But I got on here to write about something that I sometimes struggle with but am currently not. It is contentment. I am just so happy with everything in my life right now. I am surrounded by wonderful friends and family. Though I do wish my sister-in-law Virginia lived closer so that our kids could play more. I digress. I know I have recently written about some medical stuff on here but even with all that I feel so blessed. We have a house that is safe and clean for us to live in. My kids are healthy...and I really mean SUPER healthy. Seriously I can't remember the last time one of the kids threw up in our house, such a blessing. Last night we had a thunderstorm and Peanut came in our room at, I have no idea what time, in the middle of the night scared. She says, "Mommy I'm scary can I sleep with you." Isn't that just the cutest thing ever. That is how she tells us she is scared. As I helped her into bed with my eyes closed because I was trying to stay as much asleep as possible. I felt her unclothed body. I asked her where her jammies where. To which she replies, "I was cold so I took them off." This is completely unique to her in our family that is. None of my other kids have ever confused cold/hot and hunger/thirsty like she has. I don't really want to correct her because I think it is just too stinkin cute, even though I do sometimes. She can't go to school thinking hot is cold! I am just really cherishing my kids and their little personalities lately. The two oldest kids since they are in school full time I have started giving them each an evening that we just sit on the couch the two of us and catch up with each other. I learn so much about them and I just think they are some really great kids! Once all the kids are in school full time I will have 4 nights of my week booked with each kid. Well I need to end this and get to school it is the day I work in the cafeteria which I love because I get a glimpse of the kids in a social setting with friends.

2 comments:

Diva's Thoughts said...

Aaaawwww. It sounds like you are really having a wonderful time being a mother. Sound slike you have some great kids as well.

Adina said...

it's the best feeling in the world? isn't it? love the new floors too.