Saturday, April 23, 2011

A day of Firsts!

This year Jeff and I decided to let the two oldest kids join leagues in the sport that they want to play. We have never done this before but the kids are so excited. Monkey decided he wanted to play baseball and GG wanted to play soccer. This morning Monkey had his first baseball practice, ever! Jeff stayed and helped with the practice. When they got home Jeff said Monkey did great. The coach kept asking him if he was sure he had never played before! I think he might have some natural talent :) The league he is in is a kid pitch league and one of the requirements is that at least one inning a first time player has to pitch. The coach said that person is Monkey! I think he is a little nervous about it but I think it will be really good for him to get to try his hand at pitching. As soon as they got home we jumped in the van and headed to GG's first soccer game. I am officially a soccer mom. I have been a wanna be for several years now but now can proudly wear the label. GG was a starter today which was pretty cool since she was a late register. I was amazed at how well she did out there. She reminded me a lot of her Auntie Liz playing. At the end of the game they put her in as goalie. That is one spot that I think is the toughest to play as you are responsible for making sure the ball doesn't get past you. She actually did really well stopping the ball and kicking. I think this is a great sport for her. Her team won! It was a great first game and her grandpa M came and watched her play which was extra special. Tonight after dinner we are going to be dying our Easter eggs and then I am going to put together the kids baskets. Another first is going to be that I am going to be hiding their baskets instead of just giving them to them. We shall see how that goes!!! I hope to post the kids in their Easter attire tomorrow.
***Edited to add that my hubby put pictures of the soccer game on his blog! You can check her out in action over there. His link is on the sidebar to the right!***

3 comments:

Adina said...

Congratulations on becoming a soccer mom :)

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Glad they're having such fun at their sports!

sarahgrace said...

That is way cool that they're doing so well in their sports. I would love to get the boys into a sport, but I'm honestly just overwhelmed with our schedule as it is right now... I'm sure you understand!