Thursday, March 08, 2007

Sometimes I think I live in the Circus!

I was wiped out from yesterday's activities to even get on here. After the kids got out of school we took them to this really cool place called Pump It Up. They had tons of huge inflatable slides, obstacle courses and bouncy things. Needless to say I was tired from chasing the little one around that place!

As for the circus part...I had told Monkey if he did his reading good, meaning he didn't get distracted and frustrated, that he could watch a short movie before bed. When he got done reading he announced he had to poop. I'll never understand why they feel the need to share that bit of information! But he picked out a movie quickly before going potty. I noticed it was Toy Story which is about an hour and a half long...I meant a 30 minute movie. So I walked to the bathroom and told him his movie was too long and he'd have to pick another one. All of a sudden, he started peeing while sitting on the toilet and it was going on the rug. I quickly said, "Monkey your peeing out of the toilet." The look on his face was hilarious and I couldn't control my laughter when I realized I was going to pee my pants. He was on the potty so I had to make a mad dash for the other bathroom, while laughing. My friend was sitting in the living room and she was like what is going on! I said, "It's circus night!" Oh yeah, I made it to the bathroom just in time!!!

Then to add to our show...I was rocking Red and he had his hand behind my back under my shirt squeezing my fat and he looks at me and says, "Naked Butt!" He thought my back was my butt. I think we might say that phrase too much around here! I know I say it when the kids are getting into the bath, "Get your naked butt in the bath." or "Get your nudey boodie in the tub." It's funny to hear some of the things you say come out of your kids mouths but sometimes it isn't so funny!

***Edited***
As I was sitting here typing, the two older kids were at the table doing homework and J playing his guitar...where is the Red? Yeah, he was back in my bedroom playing with the Vaseline I have been using during that night for my chapped lips! It was all over his hands, clothes, and our bed. That stuff is hard to get off our your hands, especially when it is caked on like Red had it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha! I really have to laugh at this one, because we say "naked butt" at our house too, so if I'm wandering around in my undies (after a shower) my youngest will come up and point out my "naked butt"...ha ha ha! And oh no...Vaseline all over the place, yuck! My oldest smeared Desitin all over his beadspread and changing table a while back...doesn't matter what it is, it is awful to get it off!

Queen of the Mayhem said...

Wow! There is never a dull moment at your house! Sounds like mine! :)

My friend's son called his behind a go-go. (?) Anyway, one day she was bending over in a somewhat lowcut shirt. Her son took one look at her cleavage and said, "Momma, I see you go-go!"

Love what kinds can think of to say!

Kara said...

LOL at the "naked butt"! And yeah, Vaseline is hard to get off kids! Thanks for visiting my blog!