Friday, March 30, 2007

Update...

Remember how I said that Red was throwing up on Sunday? Well Tuesday night after Bible study I told J I didn't feel good. Now I hadn't been throwing up for almost 2 weeks so the morning sickness was over with. Around 10:30pm Monkey woke up crying and shortly thereafter started throwing up. Something about the sound of him puking made me loose it. I ended up throwing up twice but EVERYTHING came out of me. There was no more that I could possibly throw up. Monkey on the other hand ended up throwing up every half hour almost like clock work. From 10:30 until 3:30 it was every half hour then he was ok for a few hours and threw up again at 5:30 then he was done. At around 3am GG woke up and threw up all over her bed and hair and EVERYWHERE. I was sick and not feeling good. J got her bedding up and in the wash and then gave her a bath and then Monkey threw up again. I got out of bed to help him into the bathroom with his bucket. I gave it to J and told him I had to go lay down because I felt like I was going to pass out. J is the MAN. He took care of all 3 of us without complaint and he did it somewhat lovely. I think he was getting a little frustrated around 4 when everything seemed to settle down and then Red woke up. He put Red in the bed with us (he was no longer puking) and the other two were on our bedroom floor so J could help them when they needed to throw up. Each one with their own puke bucket. Then Wednesday the kids seemed to be feeling better. They didn't eat anything and both took a long nap. I wasn't feeling horrible just weak and tired. But by Wednesday night I was throwing up again. I didn't sleep at all Wednesday night, I just laid there with my eyes closed praying that God would help me fall asleep. My stomach hurt so bad and it was grumbling. Thursday J took the day off of work because I got up to use the bathroom at 6:30am and I had to throw up before I could go pee. I then was able to sleep for a few hours in the early morning. When I woke up I was on a gatorade diet for about 4 hours and thought I could try some dry toast. Took 3 bits and threw up. Back to square one...wait for stomach to settle and only drinks. At 8:45 I was so hungry. The midwife told me that when I took a drink and it didn't upset my stomach then I could try food. It had been almost 8 hours since I had thrown up and I wanted food. I got an apple and peeled the skin off and ate it. Then I laid down and went to sleep...my thinking if I sleep before the food starts to digest and make me feel sick then I will keep it in. Well it worked because I slept for 7 hours straight without getting up. I was so happy I haven't done that in so long. I ended up getting about 10 hours total. I feel so much better. I was suppose to go get blood taken on Wednesday morning but since I was sick and throwing up I couldn't. The kids have 5th disease going around there school and it is extremely dangerous to pregnant women if they aren't immune to it. So the test is to see if I have the antibodies already in me. Well I went this morning with J, by the time I got from the car to the place I was feeling dizzy, super weak and my heart was racing. I was nervous about them taking blood. J says to me, you have been in the bed for the last two days, haven't eaten hardly anything and have been throwing up, of course you are going to feel weak...your not 100% better yet. But I have eaten two meals so far! I still am feeling a little queasy but so much better. I praise God and thank all of my friends that have been praying for me. God really answered our prayers.

2 comments:

Tee/Tracy said...

Ugh. I threw up several times a day for the majority of my pregnancy. It is an AWFUL feeling. I'm glad you're doing better and that Hubby was lovely enough to pick up the slack. Stay healthy now and get enough rest!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry y'all have had such a rough week. I have been real absent this week and I hate to hear you have had such a rough go of it. Praise the Lord for a man like Jeff who can carry that kind of load. So glad you are doing better!!!

Take Care!