Well Tuesday I went into my appointment and they check to see where little girl was and she was still in a frank breech position which means butt first. They also checked to see if I had dilated more and I did I am at 4 centimeters. With everything going on with my body and the baby they wanted me to go to the hospital at 6pm and they were going to try and do an external version to get her head down, the idea is to avoid having a c-section. If it worked they were going to put me in a binder to keep her that way. I didn't have an epidural and it was the WORST pain I have EVER felt in my life. They were only allowed to do the procedure for about 5 minutes because I was screaming for them to STOP. I didn't get an epidural like they usually do because they thought it was going to be easy and quick and didn't want me to have to wait for the epidural to wear off. I can understand that but I'm telling you if they want to do this to you, tell them NOT without an EPIDURAL. I got to come home at 8 sore and with no change in my baby position. I felt very defeated. I was so hopeful that she was going to turn for us. The midwife sent me home with instructions to help more her myself. Of course, I go home and lay down calmly and trying get her to move. I am almost positive I was able to more her head down but I couldn't do anything until the next morning. That night I had contractions all night long and was stomach was in major pain, baby girl was going crazy all night moving and shacking my belly needless to say I didn't get much sleep. I woke up to bruises in the shape of the doctor's fingers on my belly. I went into the office to get a scan to see if she did move for me but she was in a completely different spot then I thought I had moved her but she was still not head down. Ok no problem she has time to turn, I just hope my body cooperates and holds off on labor until she does.
Yesterday around 4:30pm my contractions started to get stronger and with each one I felt like I was dripping pee into my pants. I called and they wanted to check and make sure my water bag didn't break from the version I had done. They checked and it wasn't my water they think it was my cervix thinning out. They kept me there for a few hours to monitor me and the baby and checked me again and I was still 4 so they sent me home with strict orders that if my contractions got more intense or frequent to come back in. This pregnancy and delivery is making me extremely nervous because I haven't had a breech baby before and really don't want a c-section. I was in bed and my contractions were coming 8 minutes apart and the 6 minutes apart, if it was any of my other babies I wouldn't of gone back in and I probably won't even of given the contractions a thought. I called and they wanted me to go back so I did. Once I got there nothing had changed with my body so they wanted to give me morphine (which is a shot in the butt) and keep me over night. Ok I really didn't want to sleep there if I'm not getting a baby out of it, I don't like needles, and the last time I got a shot in the butt the area hurt for 2 years. We ended up coming home with a sleep pill I could take for the night. Let me tell you I haven't slept that good in months. I didn't even get out of bed to pee. My plan is to chill out and stop obsessing about where the baby is positioned and trust God knows what is best for her and that my body will tell me when the right time for her to come out is...even if it has to be a c-section. Prayers are still needed because this worry/anxiety I have over her coming out is a huge struggle.
Oh yeah and the kids are getting disappointed (especially GlamorGirl) every time I go to the hospital and come back without their baby sister. We all just really want to meet her.