Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Why does life always...

get in the way of my plans? This is the first and only day this week that all three kids will be at school so I had plans to clean, do laundry and run a few quick errands. I got all but one errand done, and I got the house vacuumed but not dusted and I had unexpected load of laundry that took priority over the last load I needed to get done today. I've had a very productive day but I don't feel like I have accomplished all I've wanted too and Peanut is sleeping now so I'm stuck doing quiet things until she wakes at 3 something just in time to get the other 3 kids bring them home have them grab there Awana stuff, Jeff get home and out the door we go. Maybe I can get the dusting done while she is sleeping and then I can mark off cleaning from my list. And hopefully I can get the last load done in 2 hours? I don't like doing things half way. But tonight is moms night at Sparks and the kids are both super excited about it.

Update from yesterday. As soon as Monkey jumped in the van I said, "I'm so sorry I forgot to make your chili. I brought it for you to eat on the way home. I'm the worst mommy. I feel so bad. What did you eat?" He looks at me with those sweet big brown eyes and says, "You're not the worst mommy. I forgive you. GG gave me her slim jim to eat and one of my friends gave me some chips." I asked him why he didn't tell the teacher so she could of called me? That I would of brought him food. He said he didn't think of it. I'm glad that his big sister came through for him. I always pack a lot of food in her lunch because she gets to have a snack during the last period of the day so she had plenty of food to spare and she got to have a snack too.

7 comments:

hestermom said...

Awww, what a sweet big sister!!

mikeanddebbie said...

What a sweet little guy...too cute. And thank goodness for big sisters!!

Kristin said...

Hope everything got done before Awana! There's always...tomorrow, or the next day, right?! Yes, GG is a GREAT big sis!:)

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

What a good sister. They eat together? That's pretty cool.

Martie said...

You have sweet children. Wonder where they learned that!?!

Martie

Anonymous said...

They have the same lunch hour? Chili sounds good right now.

OHmommy said...

Awwww... big sisters rock.