Thursday, July 23, 2009

Doctor's appointment

This is why I don't take my kids to the doctor's very often besides the fact that they don't get sick much. They had to have school physicals so I thought I would take all 3 of them at the same time with the baby in tow. Everything is going fine until they have to find the kids vaccine recorders. Monkey and GG's were pretty well kept so they could fill out their sheets but Red on the other hand was a big mess. I took him to this practice that is alternative medicine and they do homebirths and such. I really liked the practice they were just very disorganized which I didn't like and why we left. We figure all that stuff out and the boys are the only ones that need shots. Monkey got one and Red got 2 they wanted to give him 6 but that wasn't going to happen no how no way! Once the shots were done we had been there for almost 2 hours. We get out to the car with the papers and I look them over to realize that they didn't fill them out all the way. OY. Back in to the office we went and I showed the lady at the desk that they weren't filled out. We waited for about 5 minutes and then asked if I could come back tomorrow and pick them up. The kids were going absolutely bonkers. I was so not happy with them. I told them before we left the house how boring this appointment was going to be and what was expected of them while we were there but they decided it was best to act like complete goof balls and be extremely silly about everything all the while making a huge ruckus. They got in trouble big time once in the van. I'm all about having fun but being silly like there were was completely on called for, they have too much of my dad in them sometimes he doesn't have a serious bone in his body. We've been home for about an hour and I am finally ready to post about it. I was on the edge of the loony farm.

4 comments:

sarahgrace said...

Oh man, I hear ya- my doctor's appointments sound really similar. Wait forever in the tiny waiting room (with 3 + kids) and then the doc comes in and does an hour long examination, with the terrible shots at the end! Ack! No wonder the kids go nuts, right!? I've got to the point where I just schedule their appointments separately now, because it's so much shorter that way, and less traumatic for both parties. Sure, I have to go back more than once, but my sanity is worth it!

hestermom said...

Sorry it was a rough day!! If I am completely honest, I totally bribe my kids when we go (which, like you is NOT often!!). Lollipops, usually. But, if you were there two hours, I am thinking that even lollipops wouldn't have helped, I would feel looney myself after two hours in the doctors office. =)

Kristin said...

Sorry, so not cool!

Cheffie-Mom said...

Not fun! I hope you enJOYed your weekend! BTW - I posted a song by my daughter, Marissa. I'd love for you to check it out!