Thursday, July 30, 2009

Moving too quickly...

This week is almost over and I just can't believe it. Last night I got together with 2 women from my church and we had Starbucks and talked for close to 3 hours. It was great conversation and just a whole lota fun!

Today J surprised me by taking the day off. Though at 6:45am when I rolled over and noticed he was still in the bed I panicked and was then wide awake. He is normally gone by 6:05am. I took the kids to VBS and then came home and we tag teamed some much needed cleaning. Then he took Peanut on an errand while I fixed my hair! After VBS we had a play date lined up with a few different families. We had a picnic at the park and then the kids played. Since J was home he decided with my help to not come to get the kids instead he was going to take Peanut on a bike ride and then put her down for a nap. He ended up showing up at the park with her and played for 30 minutes and then went home to give her a nap. The kids had a great time playing with all the friends that they had at the park and us moms, well I guess I can only speak for myself, had a great time too! We got home about 3:30pm. When we came home our neighbor Jack was outside. He has been outside almost everyday it is nice outside since we moved in 5 years ago. The kids love him and they actually learned to say his name before they learned to say their siblings name. Well about two weeks ago he was having some health issue and ended up admitted at the hospital for a week. After all the tests were run they found that he had stage 4 cancer of the bladder, bone and prostate. He has been home for about 4 days and has been outside 2 times. It is so good to see him back at his "post" waving to all the cars that pass by. He is very weak from his stay because he was in bed for a week straight so he uses a walker to get around. Peanut cried the first time she saw him use it and she calls it his owies. I am not looking forward to the day he is gone and we have to tell the kids.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

So sad about your neighbor Jack. Sorry to hear about his cancer. It was great spending time at the park with you gals and the kiddos!

mikeanddebbie said...

So sorry to hear about your neighbor. Wish I could join you all at the park!!

Kat said...

Aww. :( Poor Jack. That is sad. I hope he gets many more nice days to sit outside.

Diva's Thoughts said...

I am really sorry to hear about Jack. Wow. :( So very sorry.

sarahgrace said...

Sorry to hear about Jack, that really stinks!

Glad you are having a fun summer though! Don't play too hard! ;-)