Monday, July 06, 2009

Getting back to normal.

Now that all the Holiday festivities are over it is time to get the kids back to a normal sleep schedule and what not. Though today is not proving to be working so well for me. They slept until about 9am and Peanut is refusing to take a nap, though I think she finally gave in at 3:30, I put her down at 1pm. I think she be a strong willed child or stubborn.

I have been meaning to blog about something that happened last month but I needed some time to get over the shock of it first. Also if you are male you might care to read this, you've been told. After I have my babies I don't get my womenly cycle for anywhere between 8 months to 16 months after. Once I do get it my body takes awhile for it to regulate. For the first few months they could be anywhere for 40 some days apart to 30 some days apart, instead of the normal 28 days. Well I had gotten my period back with Peanut for awhile now to the point were it was coming right on time. Well last month I didn't get it the day I thought. I just figured it would come the next day. Nope. After about the 5th day I was getting very nervous. I ran to the store and bought 2 pregnancy tests. One to take that day and one for the next morning which would be more accurate. The first test was negative. I called hubby at work and we both let out a HUGE sigh of relief. That night he tells me how worried he was but the whole time I was freaking out about it he would say things like, "It is what it is no need to worry about it." I wanted to shoot him. Here I thought I was the only one that was nervous and worried but he was too. He says he didn't want to tell me that because it would only make it worse for me. WHATEVER. Anyway, I don't want you to get me wrong, I love kids (especially mine) and I would be fine if the Lord gave us another one. I'm just very content and happy with the 4 kids that we have been blessed with. Moving along, I think to myself now that I know I'm not pregnant I will get my period. The next morning I took the second one and still it was negative. But still no period. The day J was traveling to Canada that morning I got it. I called him so happy. I ended up being 8 days late. So weird but when I think about it I know the Lord's hand is in it because now that my cycle as been readjusted I will not have it when we go to Disney. That is HUGE for me.

8 comments:

Cynthia said...

We are trying to get back to the sleep schedule here as well...I had some cranky kiddos today:(

sarahgrace said...

How nice that it isn't going to come on your Disney trip! Sounds like God has a sense of humor with a purpose! ;-)

Kari said...

Glad things have worked out so well after all! (I hate having to deal with that on vacations as well!)

Don't even get me started on the sleep schedule thing . . . ugh! My girls are so "off" and just when I think that we're going to get back on, we blow it and have an unexpectedly late evening (like last night). We're having a lot of fun, though, so I keep trying to focus on that aspect!

Ann(ie) said...

oh yeah...that is no fun to have while on vacay!!! Glad it worked out. :) And I'd feel the same if I thought I was pregnant again...I'm done so it would unnerve me a bit!!!!!

hestermom said...

So glad you'll get to enjoy Disney without "Aunt Flow". =)

Queen of the Mayhem said...

I know what you mean. I love my kids....but it would be QUITE an adjustment if I found out I was pregnant now. Oh...and I would have to sue a urologist here in town....that...or I would be in a lot of trouble with my husband! (hee-hee)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Glad it finally came for you...it can be stressful!

Good luck getting back on schedule.

Cheffie-Mom said...

I'm glad everything worked out! Hugs!