Friday, January 22, 2010

Sorry in advance!

I have a bunch of thoughts going through my head so this post maybe a bit ramble-y, I have gotten a few emails and such about our story as I haven’t put a whole lot of details on my blog. I am currently working on going through some of my older posts to see when we first started getting sick. As I blogged about it without having a connection between the toxic mold and our sicknesses.

Wednesday I took the kids to the Museum of Science and Industry. I took them out of school for the day and I was hoping that they would sleep in a bit but instead Red woke up at 5:45am because he had wet the bed. He wouldn’t go back to sleep after that and from the living room couch proceeded to make his grunting noises that he makes when he doesn’t want to do something,,,ie sleep. He ended up waking Peanut up about 6:15. So instead of getting to sleep in I got up earlier. Oh well. We ended up getting a little lost on the way there as mapquest gave us wrong directions. Though I do feel better the family we were meeting there got the same directions from mapquest and so got lost too. I just called my dad-in-law and he got me to where we needed to be. It was such a great day. For one, it was only gas money + parking (16) so pretty affordable. They had a live science experiment set up and the kids loved that. We also got to see a chick crack it’s way out of an egg. It only took about 30 minutes of watching the egg :) They climbed the rock wall, played the video games, did the car and ski/snowboarding simulators, played in the water area and got soaked! It was a wonderful day. I have pictures but they are trapped in my camera at the moment and who knows if I will get them on here ever. Ha.

I am also getting excited/nervous about my upcoming trip. I know that the kids will be taken care of while I am going that isn’t my concern I just want to make it back to them in one piece. I know it is even a horrible thought to think about but at the same time it could happen. I am writing a letter for each night I am gone for each individual kid to read before bed. J did that when he went to Canada and they loved it. I thought I should do the same thing!

7 comments:

Mommy2Twinkies-Deb said...

I like the letter idea. What's going on with the toxic mold? Ugh that sounds awful.

Amber said...

What a neat idea about the letters!! I'll have to remember that one. Hope you have a great trip!

Kat said...

So glad you had such a good time at the museum! What fun!

And I am the same way when I am away from my kiddos. I always get panicky and picture the worst happening. In reality I'm sure everything will be just fine. :)

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Glad you went to the museum. That one really is worth it on the free days!

Kristin said...

Enjoy your trip...I'm sure all will be just fine:) And I too, LOVE the letter idea!!! Can't wait to hear about your trip and see your tan!!!;) Finally, YAY, to J for being such a great dad and hubby:)

Adina said...

so that's where you went!!! I was wondering....

Nishant said...

i cant wait to hear about it all.

Work from home India