I think I am having WAY too much fun trying new recipes and cooking the new ones we like. It almost feels wrong to be having so much fun with all of this. I just CAN NOT saying it enough at how well the kids are doing in our new "temporary" home. I love it. They are happy and healthy. I also have so much more energy too. I am looking forward to the summer and traveling with the kids. This year we are going to be taking a road trip! We are all super excited about it. The goal is to drive a few hours and then stop and camp for a night or two and then get on the road again. I am thinking this will be a two week trip. We are heading towards my bil and sil to see their new baby and their whole family. It we drove straight through it would be a 16 hour drive and I think this way is going to be much more enjoyable! The two older kids are going to be doing a co-ed away camp for a week and we are all going to go up there during that time. J and I are going to work at the camp while we are there, so excited. There is also another camp we might be going to with another family from church so that would be a lot of fun too. I know it is just January but still it is fun to plan and look to the future. Speaking of January my oldest is going to be 9 years old on Sunday. Each year seems to go faster than the year before. I am going to be making her a new cake recipe. I can't wait to make it because it sounds so yummy! Here is the recipe if you are interested :)
1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger
water to cover apples
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup butter
1 1/4 cup almond flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 tablespoons soft butter
2/3 tablespoons honey
1. Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C)
2. Peel and slice apples, place in sauce pan, add water till it cover apples a quater of the way.
3. Cook over medium high heat untill apples are very soft and mushy.
4. With a laddle or a large spoon drain excess liquid into a bowl and set aside to use in cake batter.
5. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, honey and butter; stir and simmer while preparing cake mixture
6. In a bowl take a cup of the nut flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda; blend with your hands until all lumps are gone add butter, honey and the reserved juice from the apples stir.
7. Batter should be smooth and pourable if it seems to thin add the extra qaurter cup of almond flour.
8. Pour the apple mixture in a greased baking dish, stir cake mixture into the apples.
9. Bake at 350 F (180 C) for 45min. to an hour.
10. A knife or toothpick should come out cean yet this is not a firm cake. Cake will be soft and juicy.
See doesn't that sound yummy? I can't wait to make it too much fun I am having I tell ya, it really should be a sin ;)
Oh yeah P.S. today is Delurking Day so if you read this please comment :)