Thursday, October 21, 2010

Unsure?!

I have no idea where this blog post is going to go! I have so many ideas I want to write about but not sure what is going to actually come out. I think what ever pops in my head will be what spills out onto this post! Consider that your fair warnings of the randomness that is to follow ;)

My oldest brother is going to be having another baby...number 7! I am a little shocked but not really. It will be my brothers 4th biological child. I'm excited about another baby but not really sure how I feel about them actually being the ones having the new baby. Their youngest just turned 1 in September. There is a lot of stuff with them but I really don't feel like taking this post in *that* direction! I think I will just be happy for a new bundle of joy.

I am kind of sad about this Friday. We have 3 leadership teams for the Jr. High ministry. Jeff and I are on team one or as we lovingly call ourselves Team Luke. (No we don't have anyone on our team named Luke) This week our team is planning the night. We are doing a Harvest theme. Jeff is doing the gym games that will have something to do with carving pumpkins and making scarecrows. He won't give me anymore details than that. The down stair games are going to involve eating apples from a string and candy corn. Then snacks are going to be apple cider, pumpkin something, apple and carmel dip. The reason I'm not going is that Peanut got invited to a friend's birthday party. It is at a place we have never been to so I am excited about checking the place out. I just can't be in two places at once. I really need to figure out how to clone myself!

Speaking of birthday parties why do they always happen in twos??? It seems that lately every time we get an invitation a second one comes. Though they are never on the same day! Like for instance we have the one on Friday night and then we have one on Saturday. These are also both convenient because the whole family is invited. In Nov we have two on the same day just at different times. The first starts at 3:15 until 5pm (for Red only) and the second one starts at 5pm (adults only). They are about a 40 minutes drive from each other. At this point I think I am going to go to the second one alone (it's my friends 30th) and Jeff will just have to take Red to the other one party and I will need to get a sitter for the over lap in time until Jeff gets home.

Ok I think this is the last thing I want to write about. My house smells so yummy today! I made granola and brownies from scratch! I haven't even started cooking dinner yet. Homemade soup on a day like today is just awesome. It doesn't take long to make either :)

3 comments:

Kat said...

I love it when I bake and my house smells all sweet and yummy. Mmm! :)

Diva's Thoughts said...

I've never made homemade soup. I think I am going to try that.

Kristin said...

Yay, for a yummy smelling house!!:)