Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Wow what a day it has been for us. I wake up this morning and J didn't come home from work. No big deal because he might have arrested someone or was on a call...a number of things that he would of needed to stay late for. So I got the kids ready and we left for school. At about 9:45 my mom-in-law walks into our class and waves me over. She then tells me J has been in a car accident. But he is OK. So I called the police department to find out more details and where J is at. Then I call the hospital and finally get to talk to him. It was a bad car accident and he definitely had angels protecting him this morning. The accident happened about 3 hours after he would of been home so I was right in thinking he was working, he was but he just didn't make it back to the police station. So I had to tell the kids what happened and that daddy will have cuts on his face and hands from the glass on his car. GG was pretty upset about it (she told me she likes the way daddy looks and didn't want him to have cuts on his face) and I'm not really sure what Monkey thought. I just wanted to prepare them so they didn't freak out when they saw him. Then right after snack, about 10:30, Monkey comes up to me and says, "I'm itchy mommy" as he lifts his shirt. He had broken out all over his stomach so I had to take him to the nurses office but I had to get the rest of the class up stairs for gym because Barb was having parent/teacher conferences. Then this afternoon I had a meeting with the principle but that went good. Tonight for dinner we ordered pizza, J wanted that to eat and we had a free pizza. I had GG asked J if we should order two pizzas. He told her no and then I told her to tell him it was only 14 inches, we normally order 18 inches. He started laughing and came out to me and said I had no idea what she was talking about when she says "daddy it is only 14 inches!" Anyway I am going to give the kids a bath and snuggle with my hubby.

No comments: