Tuesday, September 13, 2005

These last few days have been so extremely exciting for me. The kids started school on Monday and J and I got so much stuff done while they have been gone. Last night J and I took Liz and her boyfriend to the Cubs game. While working someone came up to J and gave him the 4 tickets for FREE! I love the perks of his job just not the danger. The game was really fun. I must say even though GG has only had 2 days of school she is doing a great job coming home and doing her homework after lunch, they have homework everyday even the first day of school. Then the most exciting thing happened this afternoon. We took the kids outside to ride bikes. Now about 5 or 6 days ago J started working with GG on riding without training wheels. Then he put them back on the bike and bent them so that she could learn balance without falling. So she rode her bike about 3 days the rest were too hot to even go outside. Well today after watching her ride for about 5 minutes J decided that she was doing really good and didn't need the training wheels anymore. So he took them off and sure enough she did it. It was so exciting to watch her and see the look on her face. I got the video recorder and got it on tape too. J also taught her to stop without falling down and swerve out of the way when someone else is on the sidewalk. She was so happy we called everyone we could before my phone needed to be recharged. That is it for me for now.

No comments: