Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Crowd Pleaser

Tonight for dinner we had a breakfast dish. It is super easy to make the the whole fam LOVES it. I got the recipe from a friend and then I tweaked it to our family's dietary needs. I will type out the original and put what I used in parenthesis.

6 slices bread (sourdough without yeast)
1 lb sausage (turkey sausage)
6 eggs (organic ones ~ really not a difference but health wise there is!)
2 cups milk (rice milk)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese (whole food cheese with no hormones or antibiotics used)

Brown the sausage. Cut off the crusts of the bread and place in baking dish. Put cooked sausage over bread. Mix eggs, milk and salt. Pour mixture over bread and sausage. Top with cheese. Chill over night. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. It is really yummy. I made bacon to go with it and thinking next time I will have to make some sort of fruit salad as well.

No comments: