Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Ahhh

Sleeping kids is the best feeling in the world! For some reason I feel really stressed out today. These days are going by so fast and I feel like I'm not getting done has much as I'd like and then I have a shorter temper with the kids. I hate it. I think I have too high of expectations for my kids. I expect them to think through what they are doing and know if it is a good idea or a bad idea. For example: I gave Red a stack of Peanut's school papers because I needed to go pick her up because she wasn't obeying me. We get in the van and he takes those papers and puts them on the floor and then processes to WALK on them with his WET shoes. Seriously! I know they are just papers but why would you do that?!? Is that asking to much out of my almost 6 year old to think papers shouldn't go on the floor? I told him if he didn't know what to do with them he should of asked me. Why is that so hard for my kids to ask those questions when they don't know what to do? Instead they just do whatever they want. I think I just need to remember that they aren't adults and are learning but it is so hard when I KNOW I have told them this stuff at least once before.

1 comment:

Adina said...

don't beat yourself up...i think you were right. we deal with some of the same stuff ...must be the age