Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Getting In Shape

I have been wanting to get into shape this year and have actually gotten videos at the library and online to work out to. I have do some form of exercise for the last 2 weeks either ever day or every other depending on how sore I was from the day before. (Most of) my friends and family pretty much laugh at me when I tell them I am going to start working out. If you don't know me I am 5'4" and weigh about 105 to 110. The thing they don't realize is that I'm not doing it to loose weight. I'm doing it to tone my body. My husband has been in full support of me and has even told me to buy P90X which is $120 online! I'm not sure if I'm ready to make that big of a commitment yet. But I did go out and buy a yoga mat and 2lbs weights to use. I am thinking of using a bunch of different work out videos from the library until I decide what I really like or what works best for me. The thing that is the most discouraging to me is all the flab that hangs down when I am trying to do push ups, all you moms know what I'm talking about. I try to keep it flat like the videos say to do but being pregnant 4 times does NOT lend well to tight skin! My only saving grace is that this summer when I have the kids at the pool I won't be in a push up positing while in a swimming suit!!!

1 comment:

Diva's Thoughts said...

Good for you girly. I am hoping that when I move that my new loft will have enough room that I can use some of that space to work out. I really need it...BAD. lol