Monday, December 05, 2011

Night time at our house...

For the last about 10 years (well since our oldest started talking at 9 months) most nights one of our four kids talks in their sleep. Not sure if I have ever posted on this topic or not. Anyways, sometimes you can clearly hear what they are saying and other times it is just a mumble. Also I don't believe we have ever had more than one kid sleep talk in a night, which is amazing. And the best part is that Jeff and I are usually still awake because they tend to sleep talk between the hours of 10pm and 12am. We had a funny incident the other night and I wanted to make sure that it was documented! Just like any other night we were laying in bed talking just about to go to sleep when GG started talking. It was very clear what she was saying but for the life of me I can't remember what it was. I just remember that Jeff and I got a good chuckle out of what she said. Then two seconds later she got out of her top bunk bed and walked down the hall. I waited a minute and went to check on her. She was walking back toward me. I gave her a hug and told her she needed to get back in bed. I walked her to her room and she climbed into bed. Then I checked the bathroom and bed room to make sure she didn't do anything that should be cleaned up. The next morning when we asked her about it she had no idea what we were talking about. That was the first time we have had a kid sleep walk. Oh boy I hope the other kids don't follow in her foot steps and that was a one time event. I can handle the talking but the walking is really kind of scary.

1 comment:

Adina said...

That is funny!! And talking at 9 months? That girl has a lot to say!