Saturday, July 22, 2006

We had ourselves some crazy Birthday FUN!

Today Monkey officially turned 4 years old. We celebrated with opening his cards then having french toast for breakfast. Then we went to the Library, which is always fun. Then off to Chuck E Cheese for his birthday lunch. The kids had a blast. They played games and rode rides. Red liked to just sit on the rides without them moving! After that we took the kids for their free ice cream at Baskin Robins. Monkey got a phone call from my mom, I handed him the phone and this is what I hear, "Today is my birthday. But no one is coming over because I already had my party. Sooooooo I'm going to spend time with my family. I love my family. Bye bye." Then he hands the phone to me. Now mind you that whole conversation took about 10 seconds for Monkey to say, I asked my mom if she even said anything to him. She was laughing when I got the phone because he wouldn't let her say anything...he was like the energizer bunny! He wasn't at all excited about turning 4 :)

In other news: we have been busy bees. Grandpa A came over Tuesday for dinner and to spend time with the kids. Wednesday GG had gymnastics Becky came over to see that. Then our friend Amy came over in the evening to hang out. Thursday Red's friend Logan and his mom Julie came over for lunch. Then when J left for work the kids and I met our friends at an outlet mall. I began my Christmas shopping. I am off to a great start. Friday we had soccer and golf lessons and Amy came over again and we rented Failure to Launch that was a really funny movie. Then we are back to today!

A Red update: He is in to this new thing where he "attacks" the kids with tickles. He puts his head down and gets them with his hands. I'm amazed he has no fear because the two older ones are sometimes pretty rough. But he loves getting in there with them. He has also started making different animal sounds his favorite is the lion (Rrrooooooaaaaaaaaaarrr...he says!)and tonight he was pushing one of Monkey's trucks making the sound, "Vrrrroooooommmm Rrrrroooommmmmmm!" That was pretty cute. I truly love this age where they are learning new things so quickly. It's fun to watch them learn and grow.

No comments: