Monday, April 09, 2007

Where to Begin!

We are now on our 4th day of Spring Break and it snowed today, not cool. Friday we met our friends Belinda and her three girls, Amy, my mom and her friends for lunch. Then Belinda and the girls came over to play. It was a lot of fun. Saturday we dyed Easter eggs. Don't worry I have tons of pictures! I'm hoping to get them on here sometime soon. Sunday we the Easter program at church and Red clammed up and didn't say his line. But he did get the place to laugh a few times with his "Hi Daddy!", "Hi Monkey!" and "Hi GlamorGirl!" Of course he used their real names! I have a little video of that, too. We came home and did the Easter baskets and lunch then headed over to my dad's for dinner.

I want to elaborate a little more on their Easter baskets. We don't have much candy in the house so we tend to buy gifts for celebrating Jesus' rising from the dead. This year was really special because my friend had given me an idea that I just think it to cool not to share. We bought GG a crown and to go with it a Little Princess Devotional Bible. The reason behind the gifts is that she is a princess of the King of Kings. Jesus is her father in heaven which makes her royalty as a princess. The crown sits on her dresser to remind her who her Father is. The devotional was an added bonus I found and it just happened to have the crown on it. Now that she can read she should start to have quiet times with God so that she can grow in her understanding of who He is and in her relationship with Him. Of course, I am going to come alongside of her and help explain things!

Monkey's basket had a book about God's Mighty Worrier, we told him he is also a prince but that he in God's army, too. Same goes for the other two kids, they are all in God's army. It was a really good book explaining how we battle the evil in our hearts. Red's basket had a book about the Easter Story. They also got a few other little dollar items but the main gifts were the ones about Jesus.

The kids are being good so I am going to try and get the pictures on a slide show! But I make no promises :)

P.S. I had my EKG done and it was normal but they want to do an ultrasound on my heart to make sure it is structural right. What a headache! I had my 16 week appointment today in which Brae came with me. We got to hear that little heart beating strongly at 156! I also made my ultrasound appointment to find out the sex only 3 more weeks and we will be able to start the naming process!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a little hello from the person you'll be calling first after the ultrasound app :)

Anonymous said...

Wooh! Sounds like a busy but fun weekend! Those are some great ideas for easter baskets...I will have to remember those for next year.
Glad your EKG was normal and hope the ultrasound goes well...and I'm excited for your other ultrasound!!

corrie said...

woohoo! can't wait to hear who you're having!!