Tuesday, April 03, 2007

We're Booked and I'm registered!

Today I called and booked a bed and breakfast for J and I. I have never been to one of those places and have always wanted to try one. This place is running a special and we get the best room for $100 cheaper then normal and they are giving us a $25 gift certificate for dinner. I'm so excited. This is also very out of character for me, but I feel like it is very needed. We are leaving the kids over night and it is a school night! We have never been away for a night by ourselves (except our honeymoon) and we have been married 7 years and 4 months. I wanted to go away before we have our next baby because the chances of getting away is going to be lessened at least for a while, having a nursing baby.

Secondly, I registered, well I have filled out the paperwork but haven't paid yet, for our women's retreat at church. Once again so out of character for me but I am also so excited. J actually took off work so he could be with the kids and I could go, I know what a great husband. Don't forget he is leaving us for 8 days to go FISHING! Anyways, I leave at 9:30am on Friday and don't get back until sometime Sunday. I have heard great things about this retreat and can't wait to go and be refreshed, grow in my relationship with God through the seminars, and get to know some women from our church better. I have a feeling I am going to want to do more things than I am going to have time for, like I have a few books I've wanted to read. I'm not going to stress about it because it is suppose to be relaxing.

The last thing is from my quiet time today. This verse really stuck out to me.
Proverbs 12:4 A wife of noble character is her husband's crown, but a disgraceful wife is like decay in his bones.

Wow, I don't want to be decay to my husband's bone. I want to be a women of noble character. I want to grow in my marriage to my husband which means I need to make time to be with him, just him. This bed & breakfast is a special opportunity and I'm thankful to my friend for pushing me until I made the commitment, I believe Jeff and I's marriage will be blessed and strengthen for getting away to reconnect. I also want to grow in my relationship with God, which helps build noble character and having the women's retreat I feel is also going to be a huge blessing. So be a crown to your husband and not decay to his bones.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will not regret the bed and breakfast! My hubby and I went to one on our honeymoon, and we loved it! Enjoy, and have fun at the women's retreat too!