Thursday, June 19, 2008

Doctor's

I took GG and Red into the doctor today. Red needed a physical for starting pre-school this fall and GG had been having bad headaches that cause her to throw up. I think my doctor my be bi-polar. She told me she couldn't do Red's physical until she had all his records. While I asked his former doctor's to send them to this doctor and they told me they did. While they were missing the vaccines from his record and she went on about how she could get sued if she signed off without knowing if he had all the shots. I told her he hasn't. He has had a few but not all the ones they recommend. Which is so funny to me. On the chart of vaccines it states doctor recommendations. Not mandatory. Well I called the school and they told me I didn't need to worry about it, he will get to attend. I'm not completely against vaccines but I'm not completely for them. Does that make sense? My kids are on a very delayed schedule! Which is funny to because once they hit 1 year some of the shots are null and void, meaning they won't give it to them after that point. Plus, my 3rd and 4th children are the healthiest. The other two got the shots on schedule for the first year. That is a whole other post, and thinking about what happened with my 2nd makes me so mad. Totally not the post I was planning on writing! The little ones are sleeping and the big ones are playing!

Oh yeah after the doctor visit we met my dad for lunch at our "normal" spot. There was about 7 police officers eating at a table not in uniforms but in polos and jeans. Red was so funny when he saw their guns he says, "Oh look mommy their guns are out! Are they going to shot us?" He isn't used to seeing police in "plain clothes" it was quiet funny. Of course, we then talked to one of the lady officers and she reassured him that she wasn't going to shot him!

7 comments:

Mommy2Twinkies-Deb said...

It's always a conundrum isn't it, trying to decide what to do about all the shots? The twins have had them all, but you never know.

LOVE your new look!

Kat said...

I go back and forth on vaccines all the time. Basically I think they do more harm than good, but I also think the FDA needs to re-examin the scedule and the contents of the vaccines to make them safer for all children.

Cute story about the officers. :)

Kristin said...

We're back!! Cute profile pick of the kiddos:) Hope to see you guys soon:)

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, its so good that you know your rights. I hope you find a really wonderful doctor, who understand your view point and your rights too. It is a difficult time to discern all the things in culture--we are so bombarded with worthy information and not so worthy data and agendas.

By the way, I LOVE the new blog photo--GORGEOUS shot!

Anonymous said...

I love your new blog photo-awesome!

I delayed the chicken pox vaccine for Thing 1 (now 9 years old) at the recommendation of our family doctor. He actually said he'd rather see her get the disease, guaranteeing her immunity for the rest of her life and that the current vaccine (9 years ago, of course) was "suspect." (Thankfully, she DID turn up with chicken pox as a preschooler. No need for the vaccination. Woohoo!)

Well guess what . . . what he said back then came to pass not too long ago. Before school let out a few weeks ago, we were getting notices from the school nurse about an outbreak of the disease due to ineffective vaccinations from years ago. (Hmmm. You don't say?) They were urging parents to go and get their children vaccinated. Again.

Not us!
:-)

Ann(ie) said...

That makes total sense about vaccines. I feel the same way!

Anonymous said...

I'd love to hear your thoughts on vaccines. I debate with myself about them all the time, and really don't know much about them, except for what my doc has told me...

Hope GG feels better. That sounds like migraines to me. :(