Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Toys...

I am very frustrated right now with our oldest son. He brakes toys all the time, mostly his. It really isn't a big deal because they are just possessions but at the same time I want to teach him that you should take care of your things because they cost money. Well lately he has been braking toys that are his baby brother's and some Christmas presents. He just brought me Red's Buzz Lightyear that he just bit the hand off of. Now why he would have it in his mouth, I really don't know. This was a Christmas present that we got on our trip to Disney. I just want to cry because Red is sleeping and it is his favorite toy and the rule in our house is if the toy is broken it goes in the garbage. Which Monkey knows very well and has thrown away many of his favorites that he has broken. But Red is too young to really understand that his favorite toy has to go in the garbage because his brother broke it.

Moving along...J just took GlamorGirl on a date and since the house was somewhat quite with the baby sleeping I thought I would update. I don't even remember what I was going to write about before Monkey brought me the broken toy. Sorry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw. What a bummer. I don't know why boys become such destructo-cons. I'll never understand demolishing things just for the fun of it...my boys do it too.

Anonymous said...

Tonya- what I do when either one of the boys or girls for that matter is this. I take away one of their most fav. toys and tell them that they can't have it till they realize what they did wrong. After a few times of them getting their "new" fav. toy taken away, they stop breaking each others toys. Now they tell on each other when they are getting ready to break the others toy. I haven't had to take babies or toys away in about 6 months or so now. Worked really well with Maverick since he always wanted to take away and break whatever it was Odell had. Hope this helps some for you. Nothin like spending 20-60 $ on something for just "1" of them to break, not only is that one devistated but so is my pocket book now since we just busted butt to make that money to buy them that. I know exactly how you feel. Hope all is well, next one should be here to join the McPeek's in Aug 08 if all goes right, what about you!???