Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Baby...

Let me paint you a picture of what it is like to be the mother of Peanut. We walk around the grocery store or any other store and you can hear her saying, "HI" as she waves to EVERYone we come in contact with. When she doesn't want to be in the cart anymore you can find her pushing the cart and walking at a really slow pace, so glad I don't have to be in a hurry most days! Then there is the toilet. I was making dinner and she was sitting on the floor at my feet playing. The meal I made called for an egg so I proceeded to crack an egg and by the time I had the egg cracked and threw the shell away she was in the little bathroom sticking her hand in the toilet and then drinking the water off of it. SO GROSS! I get her attention to STOP. She turns to me with arms held up wanting me to pick her up but I still needed to wash the egg goop off. Since she isn't walking yet she fell and proceeded to cry. Bad mommy for not catching her. I quickly wash my hands and pick her up to wash her toilet water hands. Then all was well in the world. This morning I was in the little bathroom starting a load of laundry when I turn around and she is once again in the toilet water drinking it. What is the deal with this child??? And why can't my other kids learn to put the lid on the toilets???? From now on I am going to make it my mission to make sure the lids are down on both toilets. Thankfully there was no pee in the water not that it makes the whole situation less gross. Another thought, Peanut is going to love reading this when she gets older. IT will be a good story to tell any future boyfriends who might want to kiss her...they might want to reconsider kissing a toilet water drinker ;) I do love that little girl, grossness and all. How can you not with that smile of hers?!?!

6 comments:

Bloggy Mama said...

She's a total doll. Susannah has that same fixation with the toilet. I try to remember to close the door and the lid, but it doesn't always work. Thankfully I have only had her throwing things into it, not yet pulling things out - ugh!

Anonymous said...

That is too funny. Cute kid.

Kristin said...

Hee-hee, you've reminded me of the "toliet days"!! She'll learn! And, yes, she is cutie!!

Kristin said...

She is A cutie...hard to write proper grammar, with kids "momming" me in the background!!

Kat said...

Sounds like my Ben. Little stinkers.

sarahgrace said...

Okay...we need to get our two youngest together...they would drain the toilets between them! Ha ha! I have to make sure my bathroom doors are shut, or Selah will play in the toilets as well. There have been several times when there was pee in there too- thanks to my boys who cannot be bothered to flush! Ack!