Sunday, September 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Peanut!

Let me see Peanut's birth story is completely different then the others because she was a scheduled c-section. The night before she was born I stayed up until 1am so I could get something to eat before my fast started. I then took a sleeping pill so that I would sleep and be well rested for her to be born. I slept until 12pm the next day. My c-section was scheduled for 4pm and I had to get to the hospital at 3pm! I didn't want to wake up at 8am and not be able to eat :) I got up and took a shower and then the hospital called and said they bumped me up and if I could get there an hour early. Of course! I wanted to see this baby girl so badly at this point. She was born at 3:48pm and she was out in a matter of 8 minutes. This was my fastest delivery and my hardest recovery. Go figure! She weighed 7 lbs 14 oz (my biggest baby) and was 20 inches long. She was beautiful and still is :) Her head was the prefect shape and she was just so petite even as my biggest baby! I have enjoyed watching her grow this year and I am so thankful she is apart of our family. We are totally complete.

12 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh, so so precious!! Happy Birthday!

: )

Steph

Singlemomma said...

Happy Birthday!!! I can't believe she is already a year old!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Boy, does time ever fly!

Kristin said...

Loved it, loved it, loved it!!! I watched the video through one time and at the end the kids came over and said..."we want to watch it"! So, we watched it again! Their comments were so cute! What fun! Anyway, Happy Birthday Peanut, we're so glad to know you!! Looking forward to watching you grow through the years to come!

mikeanddebbie said...

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Peanut!!

Michelle @ Sew-Krafty said...

That was sooooo great!
You are my hero to have the courage to show belly pictures ;)

Happy Birthday 'lil Miss Peanut!

Anonymous said...

I forgot both our youngest share the same birthday! Thomas is just a few years older :)

Queen of the Mayhem said...

TOO CUTE!

JM's birthday was on Friday. We celebrated it on Sunday.

She is just precious!

I love the ones where your other kids are holding her! :)

KC said...

oh what a sweetie.. Happy Birthday

sarahgrace said...

Awww. So sweet! Happy Birthday Peanut! You are blessed to be in such a great family! :)

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Tonya, that was amazing! :) I absolutely loved the precious peek into Peanut's first year! Of course I loved the belly pic.s too!! :)