Thursday, September 25, 2008

Red!

This kid gives me so much blog fodder it is UNreal. Just a little background, my dad has gone on two overseas trips this year first to Isreal and second to London. While he was gone he bought the kids gifts, both times those gifts were pens. Apparently, there aren't many kid friendly gifts overseas? This morning after taking the two older kids to school I put Peanut down for a morning nap and turned cartoons on for Red so I could jump in the shower. During said shower Red decided that he should use his pen and color his body. He got all of his arms and legs. Looking back I should of taken a picture for the blog but I wanted to get it off before we went to our friends house for lunch! We are at our friends house having fun, the kids are playing and the grown ups are talking. Then it happens, Red falls off the swing. He comes up mud and blood all over his face. Clean him up to find he bit all the way through his tongue. He is screaming and crying and drooling all over the place. I have never seen a kid drool that much before and I've seen droolers! Once again I think this would make a good picture for the blog but I didn't have my camera. I guess I could go take a picture now, but the drama of it is gone.

Other happenings today...while we were at my friends J left a message on my cell phone. Kendra had come over to our house so we could drive together. We left her jeep in the driveway. J came home for lunch and saw her jeep. He didn't know whose it was and so he called his work and found out it was Kendra's. Anyways, he left a message on my cell saying that he came home saw a jeep in our driveway and called our towns police to have it towed. Followed by a just kidding. So I tell Kendra what the message says telling her just kidding at the end. Her face was priceless. She really thought he had it towed. I then call him and leave a message saying I didn't get the message because I had to take Red to the ER because he fell and got hurt with blood everywhere and by the way I'm just kidding. He didn't think my joke was as funny as his! Us girls thought it was pretty funny :)

7 comments:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Serves him right!

mikeanddebbie said...

Wow! What a day! Red sure is a trooper!

Kristin said...

You're bad!! You teasers! Glad Red was okay...kids and drawing utensils!!!!

Happi said...

Oh, how funny!

Have a great weekend.

Happi

Kat said...

Sassy! Those are some pretty sassy jokes! ;)
Poor Red. I hope his tongue feels better.

KC said...

LOL you guys are funny.. Poor Red.

sarahgrace said...

Oh no.... I don't think my hubby would have thought that was funny either! (snicker, snicker) But poor Red...good grief, your kiddos all get hurt around the same time, don't they?