Monday, September 29, 2008

Weekend Recap

My brother, his two kids and his fiancee came to town this weekend. Friday night we went to my dad's for dinner and to hang out with them. This was the first time we all got to meet April my brother's future wife. The kids had fun together except Peanut because she got bit by my brother's son. I felt so bad for her. She has never been bit before and since then has been very clingy. I really don't blame her she wants to make sure she is protected.

Then Saturday we (most J and the kids) worked in the yard. I did however get an injury to prove that I did do work ;) We would of spent the day with my brother but they went on my dad's boat. It worked out good because we needed to get the yard work done. Then we had a birthday party from 5 to 6pm and my family came over for the fire pit and marshmallows and for the kids to play on the swing set!

Sunday we went to church and after wards went out to eat with another family. We put all the kids down on one end and the adults on the other! Their kids ages are 9, 5, and 2 and ours are 7, 6, 3 and 1. It worked out well because there were some older kids. Then we went to my in-laws and hung out until the evening service. When we got to church GG said her head hurt. We gave her a bucket and had her lay down in the couch room. I went to check on her about 30 minutes into the service and she was still hurting but laying there. About 5 minutes later J got up because he heard crying. I sat in the back so I could listen for her. We went to see if it was her and sure enough it was. She had thrown up into the bucket. I felt so bad I didn't hear her. She said she laid there yelling HELP. Then she got up and walked into church crying. The nice thing though is that everyone in church knows who she is and who she belongs too. When we went to check to see if it was her crying a girl from church was helping her in the bathroom. I love our church. Then J and I were talking on the way home about what could be the cause of these migraines. She has had them 3 times at church were she has thrown up. In all honesty I think she has thrown up at church as much as she has at home. Church is like home for us we are there quite often and I love it! I want to say that Monkey and Peanut are the only ones of our kids that haven't lost it at church :)

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Man, those migraines...so NOT good. Poor GG. Glad you got to spend some time with family over the weekend. And...poor Peanut with her bite...eeks! You girls better take it easy with your ailments!!!

KC said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend except for Poor GG and the migraines. My oldest Princess is 12 now but when she was 10 was getting bad migraines like that.. At 1st we didn't know they were migraines, but took her to the doctor and they did some test, cat scan, EEG etc.(she had seizures in the past so we needed to make sure it the headaches weren't the seizures coming back) after all the test she was told they were migraines, something both my MIL and my grandma suffers from.. So they started Princess on a preventative medication. and after a month of being on that she hasn't had a migraines since. We stopped taking the medication about 9 months ago to see if she would be ok without it and so far so good.. but she does take it if she feels a headach coming on.. So that might be why she hasn't had one..
I guess I should go back and see if you have talked to your doctor about this.. But if you haven't I would say call and see what they can do to help her..

sarahgrace said...

Oh no! Poor Peanut (on being bit) and poor GG (on the migraines) I hope you are able to get those figured out. She is too young to be having to deal with that already!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Oh, the poor baby... I hope you guys can figure out a way to help her.

Anonymous said...

Poor GG! (Peanut, too!) Isn't it great to be in a church like what you described? Our church is like that for us, too. We have been there since Cassidy was an infant and it's so cool to see the relationships our girls have established with people in the church. Several of those people are like a second family to us. It's a huge blessing!