Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Yay!

This morning the alarms worked!!! Now I just got to get my oldest with the program ;) I got in the shower with all three kids dressed and ready to go, only needing to get Peanut dressed. When I got out of the shower the two oldest kids and the only ones going to school today were undressed and in dress up clothes. I couldn't believe it. Seriously what goes through their minds? Why would they undress? I get out see them and immediately direct them to get their school clothes on right away. I think they knew I meant business because they were both redressed before I got my clothes on. They got to school about 5 minutes before the bell rang. We need to work on getting out the door maybe 10 minutes earlier. We came home and I fixed my hair, you know, took the time to blow dry and style it. Then the two youngest and I went to playgroup. A few of our normal play mates were under the weather so it was just the host and me. It was nice because we got to catch up on what has been going on with each other! Then back home for lunch and out the door again for Peanut's doctor appointment that I made this morning. Her loud breathing and gross sounding nose because of her nose being stuffed up is getting ridiculous. It has been over a week since it has started and J really wanted me to bring her in. Now she is on a decongestant so hopefully that will help. I really think it is just from teething as I can feel the two top teeth, they haven't broken through but they feel like they are about too. I planned the appointment bad too because I thought we would be done by the time Red needed to go down for his nap but they were running late and so he was a crank. Then I had to stop to get the prescription filled prolonging the nap even more. I don't get him. He goes to school knowing he has to take a nap but fights it at school and then today he is home and he wants to take a nap. I'll never understand that one. The only other thing on my mind is that I can't wait for Peanut to start walking. She weighed in at 21 pounds today. She's heavy! She loves to walk holding on to things but I just want her to take off and not use help. She's a lot like Red in this area because the other kids get her whatever she wants or they (GG) carry her. I guess for now I will just wait!

8 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I don't know the craziness that would ensue if our alarm didn't work! AH!

Steph

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your alarm worked today!

Mommy2Twinkies-Deb said...

Angel didn't walk until she was 18 months old! It'll happen with Peanut! I get the nap thing. It's 5:20 an they are both still sleeping!!

Kristin said...

Hooray for the working alarm!! Sad we missed you guys today too, but glad you got to "catch up" with Anne. I can see how you'd be anxious for Peanut to start walking! She will, before ya know it!

Mommy2Twinkies-Deb said...

I think we've been missing each other a bit lately. Thought it wise to nickname everyone on the blog... Took a cue from you and others! Thanks!

Queen of the Mayhem said...

Sounds like lots of fun around your place!

Hope she feels better soon!

Anonymous said...

Glad things got off to a better start. Hope Peanut feels better soon!

Happi said...

Tonya,
I've been keeping up with your blog and apologize for not commenting more often. I hope all is well. I'd still love to get together sometime soon. : ) Let me know what your schedule looks like!

Blessings to you all!
Happi