Monday, November 10, 2008

Can we start today OVER?

You know when you wake up in the morning after very little sleep and within the first hour you can tell whether you day is going to be good or bad? Well today it was very clear that today was not shaping up to be a good one. The kids were noting getting ready this morning and I had to keep repeating the things that needed to get done. Now I wish I would of kept my mouth shut and just taken them to school they were they were. Next time, hopefully I will remember that. Yesterday I started a list of things needed at the grocery store. I had planned my meals for this week and started a walmart list as well. This week is different because we are hosting playgroup at our house which means extra food for that and also I'm making a meal for a family who just had a baby also extra food needed for that. This morning as I was getting ready I remembered a few things that needed to be added and I added them. But when it was time to leave for school I couldn't find the list ANYWHERE. I wanted to scream. We were already running late as it was because they kids weren't getting ready. I got them to school 2 minutes before the bell rang and told them they must run to class FAST. I came home to look for my list AGAIN in depth this time looking for about 20 minutes. I needed to get going otherwise Peanut's nap was going to royaly be messed up. I quickly jotted down things that were a must get and I went. I am now home from shopping with all the cold stuff put away and Peanut sleeping. I need to clean and cut all the fruit and start the prep work for dinner tonight. The last store I went into this morning after the lady rang everything up I started walking away without paying. It just added to my day but that part was funny! I'm hoping the rest of my day will be relaxing and Peanut will take a 3 hour nap like she has been the last few days and I can get tons done! Did I mention the list still hasn't shown up? I think one of the kids took it, but who knows!

9 comments:

Kristin said...

Glad to know others have days like this...little things thankfully, but enough to make for a non-smooth day! And, I probably shouldn't be chuckling, but I am...especially at the forgetting to pay part!!! I really hope the day gets better...if not, tomorrow WILL BE;)

Tonya said...

Yes Kristin tomorrow will be better! I just got your email, I'm so excited :)

Tim, Allyson, and kids said...

Yesterday was like that for me. Thankfully, it's not everyday and looking back the good days outnumber the bad. Sometimes it's just God's way of reminding us to walk in his strength. See my recent post about that here

www.a-heart4home.blogspot.com/2008/11/keeper-of-my-heart.html

I hope your day gets better!

Mommy2Twinkies-Deb said...

I get that totally. I've started to walk away before without paying too! So this morning, I got up late because I've had a terrible head cold, Angel and Little Man too, and Little Man came to bed with us at 3 am. Anyway, we were running around getting ready to go out to school, rush rush rush. I get there too late for the carpool, had to walk them in, and I see the two administrators, and the 4 year old teacher. Ms. Marlene says in a whisper--your zippers open!!!!! That's how my day started. :-)

Kat said...

Seems like a lot of us are having a tough time with sassy kids these days. Here's hoping tomorrow is better!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! It has been awhile since I've been on here. Don't worry I finally posted a funny story just now.

mikeanddebbie said...

I've had days like that!! Except the one day I'm thinking of, I didn't forget to pay but I started walking away without my stuff! Hee hee.

Kristin said...

Yeah, I started to walk away after paying with half my bags!! Thankfully it was the time I had a bagger who cared enough to say..."mam...ugh, your groceries"!!

sarahgrace said...

Oh no! I hope today was better...
I just want to bury my head under the sand and give up when mornings like that happen... oy.