Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Much better!

Today was much better. Got the kids to school in plenty of time I was actually able to walk in with them so I could talk to Monkey and GG's teachers. The kids are doing really well in school. Though before I left the building GG was having some girl drama and I just don't know how to handle her sometimes. She gets upset about some of the smallest things but they are HUGE to her. I don't want her what she feels is wrong but I want her to see the big picture. So hard. Anyways, we had playgroup at our house today which was nice. Then the little kids and I met a friend who is in town from Hawaii, yeah I know what is she doing here in the cold! Also my friend Kristin and her kids came and J took a half day and met us there as well. It was a lot of fun and they got so many new games and rides but they also took some of our favorites away. Oh well. Got the kids from school and the rest of the day has been pretty normal...homework, dinner, showers/baths, family devotions, and to bed. Oh yeah and Peanut is still waking up so much in the night time. She sits up and hits my chest and says, "mo" for more. No more kid, all gone! I really need to wean her from the nighttime nursing. I'm tired and she is almost 14 months time to give it up! During the day I'm all yours but I want my sleep ;)

5 comments:

mikeanddebbie said...

Glad you had a better day today! Wish I could join you all for a play date!!

Anonymous said...

Ah, the drama of our "tweens." Never a dull moment!

Mommy2Twinkies-Deb said...

Oh yes, our Munchkin (at almot 10~) has her own dramas! I'm so sorry about Peanut. I don't even know what to say. With the twins, I didn't last that long... :-)

sarahgrace said...

Ug, I hear ya on the night time nursing!
Glad today was better!

WML said...

One thing that has worked very well with T & S and the girl drama is asking them to write to me about it. It kind of diffuses the situation, and they aren't saying the whole thing over and over. Then I write back. We go back and forth until they are able to control themselves and talk to me about it. To tel lyou the truth, it also helps me from saying things I regret,too.

When S couldn't write well, she would draw me pictures and tell me about them. She still uses pictures a lot because she has a lot more to say than her 2nd grade patience can write.

Good luck. It is all in preparation for having 13 year olds!