Tuesday, November 04, 2008

I voted!

The first thing I did after taking the two older kids to school was go vote. Then I got a text from my friend wanting to know if I wanted to go see the circus parade. Our playgroup was only going to be me and another mom so I called her and told her I was canceling it and it turned out she was going to be running late anyway. It worked out good. Red, Peanut and I met at our friends house and drove to the place. We got the kids out and they played while we waited. After the animals went by we played at the park and other friends from church met us there as well. Then we started to get hungry and didn't want to leave each other so we went out to eat together! After we ate lunch it was time to get the kids home and down for their naps. I finally went through Peanuts clothes and took out the too small clothes and organized all the other ones. I feel so good about that accomplishment.

I have been wanting to record this for a couple of days now. On Saturday we met my mom, grandma, and brother for lunch at the Olive Garden. We had brought each of our kids a piece of candy and told them they had to behave in the van on the way there and eat all their food in order to get the candy. Red ordered mac and cheese and ate the whole thing! So he was getting candy. Well as the waiter left our check he asked if anyone wanted dessert. All the adults said no and Red shot his hand up in the air and yelled "I do." It was just too cute and funny. We reminded him we had candy for dessert and he was good with that. It was the first time he has done that and quit honestly I'm surprised he hasn't done it sooner ;)

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Too cute about Red wanting dessert! How fun...the circus parade! Glad you had a fun day:)

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

We were in line by 6:30 am..
out by 7:10 am..

Go McCain/Palin!

Mommy2Twinkies-Deb said...

I voted too. Took me 2 hours!

KC said...

I voted also..
too cute about Red and desert.