Thursday, November 20, 2008

Heart attack...

That is what Monkey almost gave me yesterday. GG has cheerleading this whole week so she hasn't been going him to our meeting spot. Monday and Tuesday he went with a boy from his class because they walk together those two days. Well yesterday was the first day that he needed to get there by myself. I pick up Red from school and take the two little kids out to the van and get them strapped in and by that time the kids are usually coming out the door. I looked up and no Monkey I get into the van and wait 5 more minutes thinking that maybe he was taking his time since no one was with him. It is now 3:55 and school got out 20 minutes ago. I drive around to the other side of the school so I can find GG and ask her where he is. She didn't see him after school because she went right down to cheerleading practice. Panic kids in...where is my boy? I go to the office and they call all the different places he could possibly be and he is not at any of them. I leave the two youngest with a high school girl who is friends with my sister in law and has babysat for us before. I start running through the school looking for him and stop to catch my breath and yell his name hoping he will answer me. This school the kids go to is HUGE. It was the towns old High School building. They have 3 gyms! It's big. I went up to his classroom and the hall was empty of kids and there was one teacher. The pit in my stomach moved to my throat. I asked the teacher if she had seen my boy and his teacher heard me asking and came out and told me that they sent him to after care. I just came from there and he wasn't in it. Now there are many ways to get there so maybe we missed each other. On my way back to the after care another teacher sees me and tells me they took him to the office. 40 minutes after school gets out I finally have all my kids. That was the worst feeling in the world. I asked him where he was suppose to be and told him "Don't you know that you are my favorite Monkey and I don't want to lose you." He was pretty upset that I was so scared. Today he better be where he is suppose to or he will not see tomorrow ;)

After that whole episode I got a call from J telling me he wouldn't be coming to church with us. It was Dad's Night at Sparkies. I made a few calls and grandpa A to the rescue! J wasn't home when I went to bed at 10:30 so I'm not even sure what time he got home. Needless to say it was quite a day. I'm ready to start this new one ;)

9 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh my...that's NEVER a good feeling...glad your precious Monkey turned up!

Martie said...

Man, I have been there before, and it was the worst feeling. I am so glad things ended well!!

Martie

Kat said...

Oh no! That would be so scary! Glad it ended well. :)

hestermom said...

We have had similar experiences, and it is awful. Takes weeks to recover from!! One of those moments where you have to remind yourself (thankfully!) that God is in control, and He indeed cares for our little ones!

Kel said...

Caleb took off on my at the botanical gardens...I freaked out...he, on the other hand, ran straight to a friend of our that was across the room from us.

Cynthia said...

Scary! Happy for the ending:)

Ann(ie) said...

ooooooooooooooh MAN that's scary. I hope you poured yourself a big ol' glass of wine after the kiddos were tucked in!!!!!!

sarahgrace said...

Omigoodness, I would have died! I hate, hate, hate that feeling- so scary!
Thank goodness you found him! Whew.

Queen of the Mayhem said...

There is no feeling worse than that! Glad it ended up okay!


GG is too cute in the other post!

All of your kids are precious!